1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody know any good USA Pete Cornish effects distributors?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by the_Chris, May 24, 2011.

1. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Supporting Member

Just curious :) I really, really want to add an LD-1 to my rig, but I haven't gotten a response direct from the man himself. If there's a reliable dealer in the US who actually keeps any pedals in stock, that would be great!

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Does he even do dealers? I thought all his stuff is years-long wait list unobtanium custom order.

3. the_Chris

I think so (although I could be completely wrong). I thought Musictoyz and Mass Street Music were, though the websites reflect them being sold out. I'm not sure if there are other places where I might be able to get one in a decent time period. A buffer can't take that long to do, right? Hopefully?

4. bicktrav

bicktrav Member

I think he's got one or two dealers, but if I'm not mistaken, they get one shipment a year. And that shipment is gone within hours. Maybe even minutes. So, effectively, there are no dealers.

5. the_Chris

Ouch, that's painful. Looks like I'll have to keep patrolling eBay and crossing my fingers that one turns up eventually at a decent price. I don't have a whole lot of faith I'm going to hear back from the man himself.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  6. bicktrav

bicktrav Member

Did you try contacting him? I've emailed him a few times within the past couple months, and he's responded promptly in each instance.

7. the_Chris

Yes, I contacted him a few days ago. I'll wait it out for a week or two and cross my fingers. Thanks for the re-assurance, though!

8. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Musictoyz does sell his pedals, but in small allotments. I believe they get their stock in October.

9. Tone Meister

Tone Meister Member

I ordered an LD-1 from him last summer, and I received it here in NC in less than two weeks, even though it was custom built (24 vdc). Pete has always promptly responded to my emails.

10. sbr

sbr Member

He sometimes misses emails due to his hectic workload, best thing to do is give him a quick call, he's a superb guy to deal with.

11. Daka3

Daka3 Member

I ordered my LD-1 and received it within ten days. He also answered my mails very quickly and was helpful and attentive to me. I must've been lucky. Very nice unit too, really clears up the base signal in my rig.

12. huw

huw Member

+1

Just to add that my own experience matches this - he's a lovely person to deal with, who answers emails personaly & promptly unless snowed under with work. I've never heard a bad word said about him by anyone who has actualy dealt with him.

13. wizard333

wizard333 Member

National Speaker in Denver is a dealer, or a least they were last I checked.

14. sbr

sbr Member

15. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

So it looks like I was 0 for 2.

16. g.griffith

g.griffith Member

Mass Street Music hasn't been a Cornish dealer for years, but they still come up on search results (I suspect they like the traffic, so they keep the pages up there, ha). Amp Room/Bass Exchange in Sherman Oaks, CA is also a dealer. I've received Cornish stuff from them, MusicToyz and National Speaker, but most of it comes from Pete himself. Give him a few days to respond, he's a busy guy.