Anybody know what kind of wah Marc Ford uses?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pickslide, Feb 13, 2008.

1. pickslide

pickslide Supporting Member

I saw a pic once that looked like he had just a standard Vox wah. Anybody know if that is what he uses? I love Marc's wah sound on the Crowes ablums, his own albums and live.

Thanks

2. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Last time I saw Marc in the studio (about a month ago) he was using HBE Medicine Bawl wah.

3. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

...and I remember reading a post from Analogman about six months ago where he had seen Marc at a show using a Teese RMC3. Heh, he's as bad as the rest of us.:dude

4. pickslide

Well that doesn't help LOL.

Anybody have a clue as to what he used on the last tour with the Crowes? I have recordings of the shows at the Fillmore and really dig the wah tones from those concerts.

5. JCM 800

JCM 800 Member

Marc changes his pedals constantly! There's no way of knowing what he's using day to day. He makes it all sound good though.

6. pickslide

He makes it all sound good though.[/quote]

No kidding.:dude

7. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

8. warioblast

warioblast Member

The pic with the vox wah was taken and posted by Analog Mike. He confirmed me it was a stock Vox 848.

PS: I have a bootleg of the Birmingham, AL 2007-10-11 concert. I don't know what wah he used for this show but it sounds amazing. So does his cover of "Call me the breeze".

9. PedalFreak

PedalFreak Supporting Member

Spoke to his tech, Marc has used a stock V847 for a number of years as his main wah. He has a few he'll switch to from time to time but the V847 is his main wah.

10. pickslide

Very cool. Its nice when a player with great tone just uses something that is easy to get and afford.

11. PedalFreak

PedalFreak Supporting Member

I thought the same thing. I heard his song 'Greazy Chicken' and thought "What wah is he using!?!" It was one of the best wah sounds I've ever heard. Then found out he recorded that and has been using the V847 for quite awhile.

12. earthmud

earthmud Supporting Member

One one of his most recent shows(last weekend) he was using this rig.

"He played a Headstrong Prima and a Schyer stage 14. He had a fulltone wah, fulltone octavfuzz,and his sunface. guitars he had the Marc Ford Bill Asher and a sunburst Les paul both with Tom Short pick ups."

That was from Marcford.net. The man changes effects constantly. His tone comes from his fingers not his effects. He always sounds great.

13. Sol

Sol Member

Im sure I read somewhere that he used a Budda Wah, maybe he has a Wha for each day of the week, keep us all guessing doesnt it?