Anybody know what's up with Pigtail...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Moods, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Moods

Moods Supporting Member

I ordered a set of studs and a wrap around tailpiece from Pigtail over a month ago and I haven't received them. I emailed a couple times with no reply and their phone is disconnected. Anybody know what's up?

Thanks

<M

2. Moods

Moods Supporting Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll look for the other number.

<M

3. straightblues

straightblues Member

Parts are great. I have ordered and received them next day. Then on the next order it took a couple of months.

4. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Supporting Member

Every once in a while a thread like this pops up with the same exact responses. Some people get their stuff very quickly, some wait 3 months with little or no contact/response from Steve.

I have order from him a few times with mixed results but his parts are top notch and worth the wait.

5. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Gold Supporting Member

I guess I was lucky but I ordered a tele bridge and received it in a few days. Great quality and very fair price.

6. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

Yup, hit and miss. I'm trying to order a few of his parts, but I can't get a reply to my emails. FWIW, I've never heard of him not coming through eventually, but if you've got a deadline/ customer waiting it's a bugger.

7. kuping

kuping Member

same thing. been trying to contact them. I want to use their bridge on my product. no answer for almost 3 weeks...

8. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

its funny, i ordered a wraptail from pigtail once.

a month went by. nothing.

couple more weeks...nothing.

finally, a reply through email stating the same thing as someone stated about.."sorry, but i had a big order for a larger co., ect ect"....

whatever. that sounds like a pre-programmed response/excuse for the delay in my order. you'll take my money, but forget to mention that it might take a while for me to get my stuff? not cool.

i eventually got the bridge, and it was nice, but the customer service sucks.
    doesnt seemed to have changed apparently. too bad, his stuff is nice.

9. Steve Foley

Steve Foley Member

I guess I lucked out, then. I put one on the PRS, and it was here well within reasonably expected time-frames. Great bridge - much better than the stock McCarty, bridge, IMHO..... flame-suit on.....
    :AOK
    El Steve-0

10. Seniorspike

Seniorspike Member

Great parts, busy guy... be patient. I got a nice email response from him this week.

11. kuping

kuping Member

I live in SE ASIA and urgently needed his part to start production...how can I reach him?

12. GDking

GDking Member

YET ANOTHER BOUTIQUE EXPERIENCE!!!

We need to change the name of this guys.. Boutique means you pay more for a good product and fantastic service. We fund frustrated artists that make a wonderful product and have absolutely no business sense to the point of absurdity.

Call a spade a spade.

13. brookshubbert

brookshubbert Member

THE DUDE IS A TOTAL JERK--I sent him parts for a guitar then had to spend a tremendous amount of time and effort even to get them back (he never did any work on the guitar). I finally talked with his wife and about two weeks later I got my parts. This was after waiting--and waiting to get a reply. I always got an answer machine which he would not return calls as he said on the machine he would do. Finally I got this excuse that his daughter tried to commit suicide.. Social services should check him out as should the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I would not recommend pigtail except to maybe a chicken hawk. BOO--BOO--BOO SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

14. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I waited several months for a Gold plated wraparound, and when it finally came, it was 'blemished'. He said he had used a local plater and that he would replace it. So I asked when I could get a replacement, and I've never heard back from him in over 6-8 months, in spite of many eMails and phone calls.

:nono

15. kuping

kuping Member

any alternative beside pigtail and tonepros for wraparound bridge?

16. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Silver Supporting Member

Allparts

17. DucRyder

DucRyder Member

18. Masa

Masa Member

I don't know what's going on. After one month wait, I received a wraparound bridge. That was in Nov. last year. I had a problem with one of the saddles, and he said "send it back, and I'll return it the same day." So, I sent it back.

After 7 months, I'm still waiting. I've emailed him more than a few times. I finally got a reply about a month ago. He said his email crashed, and lost my info. Remember, I emailed him more than a few times.

Anyway, he called me about a month, and he said he was going to send the bridge back to me in a few days. It's been a month, and I'm still waiting.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  19. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

He consistently blows people off - that is clear from a number of threads like this. Perhaps he cares more for the luthiers who use his products regularly vs 1 item guys like us.

I don't know him, but there's no excuse for this kind of customer non-service. He's a loser IMNSHO, even if his products are good. I'll never buy anything from him again, nor recommend his stuff to others.