• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Anybody like to mod Jet City amps?

dju

go to the Jet City website, https://www.jetcityamplification.com/
at the bottom is a link to Epic Mods where you can buy kits to mod your jet city amps. I have been considering buying a kit to mod my jet city jca20h with the 800 mod. if you know what you are doing you could probably buy the parts for far less money but in the kit somebody has already figured out what changes need to be done and are providing the instructions and parts to do it. and I believe the epic mods are authorized by jet city as well.
good luck,
dj

Jchrisf

go to the Jet City website, https://www.jetcityamplification.com/
at the bottom is a link to Epic Mods where you can buy kits to mod your jet city amps. I have been considering buying a kit to mod my jet city jca20h with the 800 mod. if you know what you are doing you could probably buy the parts for far less money but in the kit somebody has already figured out what changes need to be done and are providing the instructions and parts to do it. and I believe the epic mods are authorized by jet city as well.
good luck,
dj
Wonder what Epic has coming on Dec 1st?
Hand-Forged tube amplifiers. Epic tone and build quality. The search is (almost) over.

Jecht

I've only owned their 50 and 100 watt heads, but this clip really has me GASing for a 22H. The bad news is I told myself I wouldn't buy another amp until the SLO 30 is released. :(

Jchrisf

I've only owned their 50 and 100 watt heads, but this clip really has me GASing for a 22H. The bad news is I told myself I wouldn't buy another amp until the SLO 30 is released. :(

Yeah, that is the video that got me looking at getting a modded one... and how I found Epic.

I just found a BFG modded one used on GC for a good price so I ordered it. It has upgraded Transformer(s) along with other mods that they knew nothing about. GC has always let me down but they said this one just came back from their amp tech for repair so hopefully all is well.. if not then I can send it back.

Yeah, that is the video that got me looking at getting a modded one... and how I found Epic.

I just found a BFG modded one used on GC for a good price so I ordered it. It has upgraded Transformer(s) along with other mods that they knew nothing about. GC has always let me down but they said this one just came back from their amp tech for repair so hopefully all is well.. if not then I can send it back.
So what's the deal? Is it any good or is it crap that needs to go back?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Jchrisf

So what's the deal? Is it any good or is it crap that needs to go back?

Please let me know. Thanks.
Yeah, it sounds awesome. Best amp I have ever heard. It is very JCM 800 like. Sounds phenomenal at bedroom levels (probably because of the depth mod) and can get very loud.

On the down side, the overdrive channel is noisy but it hasn't bothered me yet. And one of the mods doesn't work.. not sure what it is supposed to do but I think it brightens the overdrive channel. However, I am still really happy with it because it sounds so good.

I haven't pulled the chassis out yet but I'm sure I can fix everything as I don't think it had these issues coming from BFG. Hopefully I can figure out what he did so I can practice modding on another one. I don't know what these amps sound like stock but they have a lot of potential with mods.

Lex Luthier

I have a 22H. I tweaked it to my preference, I didn't like the lack of mids and the fizzy highs, was too modern metal sounding for me. I used the Duncan Amplification tone stack calculator to come up with some tweaks to suit my needs. I removed C6, changed the slope resistor to 33k, changed C16 to .0068uf, changed C14 to 680pf. and tacked a 680pf cap across the feedback resistor. Lots of mids, less fizz. I also added a depth control.

I had the Friedman mods done to mine when I had it 10 years ago... (see friedman customer service thread for why I soured on friedman and sold it :D )

My teenage playing is quite sloppy and mediocre here but there was some cool tones available

Trending Topics