Anybody mod power supplies?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WhoJamFan, Jan 13, 2014.

1. WhoJamFan

WhoJamFan Supporting Member

I would be all over a Voodoo Labs ISO-5 with all the outs giving 18volts instead of just one. Sum cables take 2 outs and the ends aren't angled. I don't need large mAs as I'm mainly using drives. Having 5 18v outs would be killer-anybody?

If something like this already exists, please post a link

2. frisco

frisco Supporting Member

Talk to Joe @ Logsdon Audio. He can make you a custom power supply. I'm very happy with mine.

Great guy to deal with and very reasonable pricing.

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Well, not 5 but two taps that are capable of 9/18V powering: Cioks "Schizophrenic" It's part of their "LINKS" series of PSU, it has two taps with the 9/18V option at 100mA each. It also has 2 taps with the 9/12V option with 200mA each. The taps can easily be switched over to the higher voltage with it's respective DIP switch located on the front panel adjacent to the RCA taps. Also, the "LINKS" series has an IEC outlet on the right side that with the proper adapter, serves as a courtesy outlet.

If you already have a VL ISO-5 and want to mod the PSU, I would suggest contacting Mason at Vertex.

4. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Just daisy chain