Anybody offer a MOD to ruggedize the strobostomp?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cloudnine, Feb 6, 2008.

1. cloudnine

cloudnine Member

Just wondering if anyone offers a mod service for the Peterson Strobostomp to make it more durable.

2. 6789

6789 Member

what part of it needs to be more durable?

3. cloudnine

cloudnine Member

The parts that break. I don't know besides the jacks.

4. 6789

6789 Member

there's another thread around here that tells exactly what kind of jacks to get and where to order them.

5. redpill

redpill Member

At that price point, you'd think they would start applying that "mod" as a part of standard production.

6. trishoot

trishoot Gold Supporting Member

You can get new jacks with nuts for the Strobostomp I from Peterson for free. Totally fixed the problem for me. The nuts stabilize the jacks so the circuit board isn't getting moved around when you put the cables in and take them out. 4 quick solder joints per jack. You might be to analog Mike for a jack replacement. Not sure he is doing that or what the price is, but you can do it in about 15 minutes.

7. justonwo

justonwo Member

Hopefully, the Strobostomp3 will come in a much less cheesy enclosure. The one they use now looks like one of those race car bed frames 5 year olds have in their bedrooms.

8. mcholley

mcholley Member

My thoughts exactly!!!! A great unit, but man, if you are drinking at all, tuning becomes an adventure!!!

Mark