• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anybody out there still listen to 80's hair metal?

Rage

Silver Supporting Member
I suddenly have the urge of listening to some of my old tapes. Right now my mind is set for some Kix and Faster Pu**ycat.

V-Type

I still spin Yngwie,Ratt,DLR,Dokken,etc... on a regular basis.
70's -80's Metal and Rock make up 90% of the 30 gigs of music I have stored.
For kicks I spun my Vinnie Vincent Invasion Vinyl last night along with Loundness Thunder In the East.
Good times.

s2y

I grew up on it. I still listen to it.

20:1 odds some hipsters will come in here and complain how cliche it is while typing it with a beard, sipping coffee from a French press, and on a Mac.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
I grew up on it. I still listen to it.

20:1 odds some hipsters will come in here and complain how cliche it is while typing it with a beard, sipping coffee from a French press, and on a Mac.

Nah, it isn't about that, it's about moving on. There's too much great music in the world to stay stagnant.

Once in a while I get a kick out of listening to some stuff from the '80s, but those days are very few and far in between.

McLeanAB

It's not all I listen to by any means, but occasionally I get a hankering to hear Warren DeMartini wail a bit... Skid Row's first three albums are fun...

I appreciate some of the guitar technique, but overall I get bored with it after a listen or three...

donnievaz

I still listen to it along with everything else. In fact, I still see it live. At least once a year I see Kix and I've been to the M3 Rock festival 3 years running. Going again this year :)

Defendant

Silver Supporting Member
Nah, it isn't about that, it's about moving on. There's too much great music in the world to stay stagnant.

Once in a while I get a kick out of listening to some stuff from the '80s, but those days are very few and far in between.
Yep, small doses.

BJW

Couple times a year I get the itch, so for me it's L.A. Guns, Ratt, and maybe some Faster *****cat.

Rage

Silver Supporting Member
I still listen to it along with everything else. In fact, I still see it live. At least once a year I see Kix and I've been to the M3 Rock festival 3 years running. Going again this year :)

This must be fun!

magdream

My wife and I have gone every year and it's a blast. This year will be even better since my band Streetlight Circus is on the bill (shameless plug) :beer

rob2001

Not as much as I used to, but I still dig it. The production on some of it bugs me now, but I guess if you like the music you can get past that.

VA_siCkBoy

Silver Supporting Member
I have Sirius and my top 3 channels are Liquid Metal (METAL), Hair Nation (HAIR METAL) and Boneyard (Classic Rock/METAL)....so yeah, I still listen.

mvd18969

Yep, sure do. I've been on a TNT kick lately, been listening to a lot of them. To me, this style of music never got old. For those who say time to move on, etc., I say show me something that is better or worth moving on to? Yeah, there is the "cheese factor" that you have to deal with for this type of music, but lets face it, it also features some of the greatest guitar players, tones, catchy hooks, and just an overall good time.

Marc Roy

I still put on the old hair metal on oaccsion. That **** was popular in my high school days. Used to listen to a ton of Skid Row, Whitesnake, Ratt, Cinderalla, etc. I think my fave band from that time is Tesla. They wrote some good songs.

bilbal

I find myself rocking Yngwie, Dokken and anything Jake E. Lee played on from time to time, sure!!!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom