1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody out there tried out the new Traynor YGL 2-30w?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Burstbucker, May 18, 2011.

1. Burstbucker

Burstbucker Member

I just noticed while browsing Traynor's website that they've released a new amp, the Traynor YGL 2 .

http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=3&cat=63&id=437

It's running EL-84s in class A mode. So far I've only found one place that has it listed, I found it online at musiciansbuy.com

It looks like it'll go for about $1000 USD. That's a pretty decent price IMO but up here in Canada, even with our dollar being higher then the US greenback and the fact that these Traynors are built right here in our own country, we'll likely pay more then that, usually quite a bit more in fact but I digress. I hope that I'm wrong and that they do give us the same (or even better) then the US price, we'll see......

I'm sure that the build quality of this amp is right up there(Canadian made with a kick-ass warranty) but what about the sound? Has anybody had a chance to try one out?

I know that this is trivial but I think that Traynor could have gone a bit further and maybe made the amp look a little more "boutique" for lack of a better word. Maybe a coloured Tolex, any colour but black, come on guys.

But when it comes down to it, sound, price and build quality are what matters most.

Any opinions or experience with this amp?

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. reverendfrankie

reverendfrankie Supporting Member

3. Burstbucker

Burstbucker Member

So, there's no interest in this amp? All that I'm hearing here is the sound of crickets chirping.....................:D

I was thinking of maybe getting something pretty easy on the pocket book this time around and I gave some consideration to some of those Bugera amps but some of their nicer ones are only a few hundred less then this new Traynor YGL-2 2x12 combo.

I'm a bit wary of the build quality of the Bugera amps(not sure if that's really something to worry about though). I do know that the Traynors are built quite well and I would even be supporting the economy of my fellow countrymen too. Not that I'm ultra loyal but it's kind of nice to put ones buying dollar back into the nations economy. Win-win.

So, how about it then, is this going to be a cool amp? Has anybody seen one in the flesh or had a chance to plug in a try one out?

My local Long & McQuade store has yet to get one on their floor and there's not a whole lot of info on it online either as far as I can tell.:huh

4. TubeStack

TubeStack Supporting Member

I'd like to try one of these. Haven't seen any in the 3 L&M's near me.

5. TubeStack

I called Long & McQuade's (Canadian music store chain that is part of Traynor/Yorkville corporation) and the guy said it's not listed in their system yet. He'd never heard of it but said to try back in a couple weeks.

6. trpullen

trpullen Member

I am not sure they have shipped them yet. It took a while on the Dark Horse too.

7. TubeStack

They do have the new Iron Horse in, and the accompanying 2x12 cab.