Anybody played a Baden??

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by 414driver, Oct 7, 2008.

1. 414driver

414driver Member

Just wondering how they stack up???

2. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

I never have, but after his two plus decades at Taylor I would imagine they have a similar sound. TJ did an interview with Premier Guitar a few months ago.

Here it is......hope it helps.

Good luck.

3. Ogre

Ogre Member

I played 3 of them when TJ came through Austin. I did not find them compelling or memorable.

4. parker65

parker65 Member

I just played several of them yesterday. I actually liked them quite a bit. I played the Ovangkol and cedar A-style, the mahogany a-style, the maple d-style, and a rosewood d-style. They each had the sound qualities that you'd expect from the specific wood type. And plugged in they sounded really, really good. I may never find an acoustic that I like as much as my Collings, but I have to say that the Baden is a lot of guitar for the money. The thing that really struck me was the craftsmanship. Each guitar that I tried was flawlessly constructed and the attention to detail was clearly evident.

5. dcohen

dcohen Member

I played some of the first ones out a few years back at The Podium in Minneapolis. I wasn't really thrilled with the styling of the D models, but I was impressed with the tone. At least for fingerstyle, I liked them a lot. Didn't take them thru any flatpicking runs or anything. Good bang for the buck.