Anybody played an Italia guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by art2infinity, Aug 4, 2006.

1. art2infinity

art2infinity Member

I can't find any sound samples on their site, but they have a lot of respectable artists that play them according to thier page italiaguitars.com. I wonder if they sound as good as the vintage Goyas they're copying. Anybody heard these guitars?

2. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

I don't know anything about them but I have been admiring them for a while just on the looks alone . . . very nice in an over-the-top sorta way

I like the Rimini:

[​IMG]

3. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

Kinda like the counter-top of a Cafe you'd find by the side of a dessert frontage freeway

4. dharmafool

dharmafool Supporting Member

Gotta love that f-hole. On that body it's quite graceful, in a Photoshop-o-caster kind of way.

The peghead, OTOH, leaves me speechless.

5. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

I didn't like the feel of the few I've played. They seemed tonally varied, which didn't matter too much, as I didn't like the way they felt. A bass player in a local band that I really dig uses one, and I really dig the tones he gets out of that thing.

6. ronster

ronster Member

I love em! I have the Italia Lusso, which is a 335 copy with a Wigsby (Trevor Wilkinson's version of a Bigsby) and p90s. It has become my main gigging guitar. From the first gig with it, I've had people coming up to comment on the tone. I had been using a CE22 with Z90s before. No plastic on this one, but it does have an over-the-top gold sparkle top.

ronster

www.myspace.com/moonshotradio

www.myspace.com/theburgundysrock

7. James Knox

James Knox Member

My next guitar purchase will be the electric sitar they make.

James

8. Mrgearguy

Mrgearguy Member

They are well built import instruments that feel a bit like a "hobby" guitar. they have some interesting sounds, and could be used for a gig under the right circumstances. My impression after playing one was that it was more of a novelty fashion statement sort of thing without the pro build quality to make it stick. It is worth noting that they are light years ahead of the "EKO" brand guitars that was their inspiration.

9. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

I saw Duke Robillard play one for a whole night and he sounded...well like Duke Robillard.

10. art2infinity

art2infinity Member

Interesting...is anyone able to compare it's quality/sound with Eastwood Guitar's remakes? I have their baritone and it's incredible.