Anybody purcahse NOS tubes from Hi Test?

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
It's a company I see advertised in Vintage Guitar magazine, and they seem to have good selection and prices. Does anyone have experience with them?

justonwo

Great! I'm just looking to buy up a few European pres to have on hand for my amps. Something with high gain and clarity. Thinking about some RFTs (value), Philips, or Tesla.

EL-Dougie

I had a great buying experience with Gregg Levy at Hi-Test in going fully NOS for my Pure 64 amp, including sales consultation on the phone, labeling each tube box to correspond with the tube chart I sent him to confirm what I was doing, and then he threw in an additional tube out of the blue just in case it would make it all sound even better (he was right).

Note that he apparently prefers phone contact instead of e-mail and that way you get up-to-the-minute inventory accuracy plus his knowledgeable advice to make sure you get the right tube for your needs.

Great tube vendor...

Doug in CT

trap

Gold Supporting Member
just bought a pair of nos 6l6 blackplates from gregg. great tubes and great guy to deal with.:)

justonwo

Wow, I just got off the phone with him. What a friendly, knowledgeable guy. Not pushy in the slightest and clearly honest. We talked about tubes for my Super Lead for about 20 minutes and he was very patient going through the options. He even suggested that I hold off on my order before I identify what tubes I already have (I have some of what I think are Amperex in there already. He offered to help me ID them).

RSK

Same positive experiences with Gregg - he was very helpful with retubing my siverface Princeton Reverb - NOS National Union 6V6's which are incredibly soulful and the correct choices for pre's also. He has a huge inventory.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom