Anybody rocking a Maxon D&S?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by unreal77, May 2, 2016.

1. unreal77

unreal77 Member

Not the D&S II...

Lemme hear you...

2. Dave B

Dave B Exit... Dual Stage Left Silver Supporting Member

OK, I'll play!

Picked up a used D&S RI last week. Got some basic info on it from the Maxon site and here at TGP. Guess there's not many that made it into circulation, as there's not that much online.

I got bit by the Fuzz bug recently. Since I had one each from 2 of the 3 main families - an old MJM London Si bigbox from the FF camp for 8 yrs (used sparingly), and from the Tone Bender side a Plum Crazy King Rasp v1.5 from earlier this year - I thought I should hear something from the Muff lineage. Saw the D&S was a slight step up from the EHX Red & Black.

There is definitely a nice dichotomy between the three different families, and for the three instances I picked up, I don't see any shortcomings that would prevent me from using them for a variety of sounds. I'm thinking of using just fuzz on my board for dirt, and foregoing the normal OD and distortion pedals.

As good as the 'normal' ones (dist and OD) sound, they are 'tame' compared to the fuzz pedals, and I'm thinking I want something a little more organic and raw. The D&S would replace my distortion pedal, and probably the King Rasp will replace my OD.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017