Anybody tried the JHS Pedals "Fulldrive True Boost" Mod???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sleejay80, Jan 30, 2012.

1. sleejay80

sleejay80 Member

I'd love to hear your experiences!
    What did you love/hate about it?

2. ckeathley14

ckeathley14 Member

Would like to know myself!

3. vintage66

vintage66 Member

4. voorhiessa

voorhiessa Member

It's their own booster put in that you can use idependently of the overdrive. I think, for the money, you could get a decent booster instead-- and not permanently mess up the pedal

Or

Dan at this1smyne does a mod where he installs his booster in the pedal, operated by a third foot switch in the middle

5. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Good to know-I guess if you truly don't like the boost funtion on the FDII it might still be worth it to make that extra space useful-I wouldn't do that to mine, but the third switch idea is pretty cool.

6. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I use comp cut, and I find the boost works great in this mode. But having T1M's boost added could be really cool, especially if it could be routed to come after the OD, instead of before it. It would at least be a cool way to sneak another boost onto my board without getting another actual pedal!

7. telepunk

telepunk Member

Reviving an older thread here....I am too am interested in this mod. I like the FM mode on my Fulldrive and the boost, as everyone knows, is not that helpful based on where I have my initial drive sound set. It does work well in compcut with the intial drive set very low, but that's not how I want to use the Fulldrive.

Is the JHS Bomboost any good? I assume its fine as clean boost circuits are not that difficult. I have had the T1M MSB and I like it for sure.

Anybody have one of these FD2 mods?

8. b80

b80 Member

[​IMG]

I am considering this option for my fulldrive. I like how the current boost adds dirt. If it only had a smidge more volume boost it would be perfect. Does the JHS mod keep the amount of dirt added by the boost and just add a volume bump?