Anybody use a "Tweedy"?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jumblefingers, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the "Tweedy"? I know it was discussed a while back but what are the current thoughts on the pedal, getting good clean/dirty Fender tones and how "far" does it go into full blown overdrive?

Thanks in advance....

2. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Pretty far, JF. Do a search here. When it came out, there were a number of great reviews.

jon

3. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've had one since the beginning - I think I have #2. I love it. It gets nice chewy tones, with lots of feel. I tend to use it with the Drive set at 3, which is not full blown OD, but bridge pickup tones are great - lots of character and nuance. Setting the Drive to 5-7 will get you into serious OD territory. There are quite a few variations you can get by tweaking the knobs to alter the basic amp model.

It's also fantastic for direct recording. Here's a song I produced and played solo guitar on, using just the Tweedy direct to disk. In the mix, I used delay and reverb, and I EQ'd it to fit properly, plus a touch of compression...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=187271

4. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

I love mine!
    It is one of the best pedals that I own. Killer tweed twin tones, tweed deluxe vibe...all of that and more.

5. muddy

muddy Member

i use it similarly, ron, with the drive down low at between 1 & 3. if you turn the bass almost all the way ccw, it gets so close to a bassman you can smell the tweed!!

ml

6. exodus

exodus Member

It's probably the best (IMO) low volume, true amp 'sim' out there. Beats the pants off any tube amp, attenuation/slaving big rig setup. Really great tool.

Also sounds better the louder it gets....

Hopefully, he'll get around to making some more pedals.

7. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

He sold the company. But they're planning on coming out with some 'very interesting' products. :D

8. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I've been very interested in that one, and there were a few for sale around here in the low $100s. Should've snagged it then. Didn't know he stopped making them.

I always thought he should've done a dual pedal with the Classic and Tweedy. Even talked to him about it and it sounded like he was considering. Oh well.

9. muddy

muddy Member

he hasn't stopped making them. he just needed an infusion of cash so that he could continue inventing.

ml

10. El Jimbo

El Jimbo Member

I just returned my Tweedy for repair. The switch died and I tried to fix it myself but things went astray.:(

Anyway, Steve is a very nice bloke who looks after his customers. You wouldn't know he's sold it either.

11. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

Steve is developing some very interesting stuff! Standby...

12. Phil Harmoneeek

Phil Harmoneeek Member

I've got a flakey switch on mine aswell but I think the pedal is great. My settings are; Bass 6.1 / Treble 6.3 / Gain 1.6 / Volume 3.9. Very anal settings I know, but I find the pedal is very sensitive to minor adjustments. Get the one with LED & power input. Randall

13. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Contact Steve and he'll fix it for you.