Anybody use the Yamaha DXS15 sub?

louderock

Looking to add a sub and I already have Yamaha DSR112 mains. I'd love to get the DSR18 sub but I drive a Honda Accord. Big sub no fit! So I'm considering the DXS15 sub. Specs seem pretty good and it has an available 120 HZ Lpf to match the Hpf on my mains. Any experience?

sants

It's a good sounding little sub. It depends on how loud you need it to be and what type of music. It will add some fullness to the bottom for small and intimate gigs. But push those DSR's and the little dxs15 will be buried. I'd want at least two but they are still out gunned by the dsr tops. You should hear the dxs18. It's insane how much that puts out.

I think if your band is not loud the dxs will add a nice touch but push it and you may not be happy. I'd still want the sub regardless as it will help round out the kick and bass. Try to place it center stage when you can.

I did use one with k12's and a three piece band. If definitely helped but didn't give much punch. Still sounded better than not having a sub.

Floyd Eye

A pair of DSR12s can almost keep up with a pair of LS801s.

Of course they sound great at lower volumes too. I agree with Sants. It depends on your band and style of music.

louderock

It's a good sounding little sub. It depends on how loud you need it to be and what type of music. It will add some fullness to the bottom for small and intimate gigs. But push those DSR's and the little dxs15 will be buried. I'd want at least two but they are still out gunned by the dsr tops. You should hear the dxs18. It's insane how much that puts out.

I think if your band is not loud the dxs will add a nice touch but push it and you may not be happy. I'd still want the sub regardless as it will help round out the kick and bass. Try to place it center stage when you can.

I did use one with k12's and a three piece band. If definitely helped but didn't give much punch. Still sounded better than not having a sub.

Yeah I figured the DSR would be way way better. I'll get to work with a Sawzall and some bondo so it'll fit.

modulusman

I have a dxs12 sub that I use with either a pair of dxr10s or 12s. One sub will add some low end to the PA system as long as you are not super bass/kick heavy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom