Anybody using a Fulldrive 2 with a Bogner?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Random Hero, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

I can get it sounding wonderful as a lead boost for the Blue channel, but I can't seem to get it sound any good on the clean channel :confused: Maybe I just don't like stand-alone drives, I don't know, but it seems to seriously, seriously pale in comparison to the amp's drive tones, for anything at all. I do however really like the tiny high end roll-off I get from adding an extra 15ft to the cabling so I keep it in line at all times :rotflmao

Maybe I should just sell it for a true bypass wah or something so I can keep the cabling unless you guys have any suggestions?

2. Bluesbuff

Bluesbuff Member

I use a FD2 with my Shiva. I like it. I find it has a similar overall vibe as the amps OD. BY messing with the control settings I get similar but different tones, like milk chocolate and dark chocolate.

3. ed84246

ed84246 Member

I found the original FD2 to be a little dark and fake sounding. I have the Mosfet and like it much better, though strangely, I prefer not to use the Mosfet settings on it.

I have to keep the tone up at around 2 or three to have it sound clear, but to me it adds a kind of SRV blues thing in the clean channel that the Shiva won't do great on its own.

4. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Perhaps I'm using the wrong guitar to get the best from it. Maybe when I get a Strat?

5. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

I definitely like my FD2 with the Shiva, use it primarily on the clean channel to give that more overdrive. Also a solid boost to the Shiva's Channel 2 but don't use it for that as much. 6L6 Shiva here.