Anybody using a Line 6 M13 to control their amp via MIDI?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Random Hero, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

You noticing any latency? I've seen a few people saying there's a latency in MIDI switching but others have reported that it's fine?

2. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

3. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

I used my M13 briefly to control a midi switched tube preamp. Worked perfectly as I was able to when selecting scenes change channels and I then had 12 fx ready for use with that preamp channel.

The HD500 has much better midi control but the M13 worked fine for basic channel changing. No latency I can remember...it was instant as far as I can recall.

4. Aaron Mayo

Aaron Mayo Member

The channels switched quickly enough for me (M13 w/ KSwitch & Mesa 50 cal+). That said, I'd try it out before you buy if possible.

5. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

I use it to change my 11R channels.

6. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

From the other M-13 thread

Here's the deal.
    In latch mode (midi out to your amp) you have four sets of 12 scenes. This is great for changing channels on an amp to fit your individual scene. In latch you cannot turn effects on or off on the M-13 and they cannot be adjusted.
    In scene mode (out of latch) and midi to your amp, you can turn effects on and off but it sends commands to your amp and changes things when you turn your effects on and off. (this could be bad)
    If you have a controller you can midi out from you amp and have 48 different pedal boards as your amp channels change.
    This works well if you songs change and allows you to turn effects on and off and adjust on the fly with no midi return hooked up.