• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anybody using or tried the Haussel 59 pickups?

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
I'm really curious about these. I have some hotter pickups in a guitar and was thinking of going to lower output PAF types. From listening to the Huber Orca clips, these seem real nice.

I'm also interested in suggestions about other builders to check out. Thanks

coolhand78

yeah i have them in my orca custom special, love them...

only other pickups that i'd really be interested in trying would probably be the throbaks....

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Well, I picked up a set and dropped them into my PRS AV. The AV had real nice pickups, particularly the neck, very nice, but I started missing having a more vintage vibe.

Acy from Acy's guitar lounge and Harry were awesome in helping me make sure to get the right wiring set up and made some excellent suggestions for changing some of the other electronics.

All I can say is "wow." Very Gary Moore sounding, clear, easy to access harmonics, beefy, wonderful. It's like having a new guitar.

coolhand78

cool man, i'm glad you dig em...

they're generally the standard pick up for Nik Huber Orca's and to be honest if it weren't for that guitar i'd never know about them... :)

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
6 weeks in - got them set up and dialed in pretty good at this point. Simply fantastic in every position of the PRS 5 way switch, made a great guitar even better.

Trending Topics