• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anybody using Zexcoil pickups?

Lawless33

Hey, dudes! I think I'm going to pick up a set of these for my Strat. This guy's tone is phenomenal with them!

Stone Driver

Gold Supporting Member
Hey Lawless, I have two sets of Zexcoil N/M combos in my S/S/H starts and really like them. I own the vintage SV5 & SV2 combo, and a more hot rodded SV5O & Fat Single combo; couple demos of the SV5O and Fat Single below.

IMHO, of the the noiseless pickups I have tried Zexcoils sound the most like single coils to me; great "clank" and open definition on your lower strings (some other noiseless pickups I've played sound more compressed and HB like here), and plenty of sweet bell like chime on the top end. Works great with maintaining tone when lowering guitar volume knob, and equally happy with both tube amps and digital setups for me.

Anyhow, highly recommend them. If you decide to make the plunge I'd recommend reaching out to Zexcoil owner/inventor Scott to talk through the tones you are after so he can recommend the best set, cheers.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...rock-classic-type-3-strat-w-zexcoils.1594186/

Lawless33

Thanks, Stone Driver. I spoke with Scott over email yesterday and talked a little about what set would make the most sense for me. I'm moving over from a single coil-sized humbucker in the neck (Dimarzio Cruiser) and Dimarzio AT-1 humbucker in the bridge of my Strat.

Definitely interested for sure!

Wes

Lawless33

Yep. Saw his channel. I'd looked into them right before Anthony announced he was using them.

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
I don't...but I'd like to! They fascinate me...but too many builders fascinate me. D'oh! Good luck :)

Trending Topics