anybody wanna talk me out of a Morgan AC20 deluxe?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by porscheaaron, Jan 26, 2012.

1. porscheaaron

porscheaaron Member

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a vox ish amp, $2,000 ish budget. Is there anything out there I missed cause from what I've gathered I can't find anything I like better having played a ton of amps lately. Looking for a compliment to my el34 matchless. without spending dc30 money.
    65 amps london pro is maybe the only thing I haven't tried yet and want to unless I missed something
    tried a bunch of Z's
    everything matchless makes
    thought about saving a grand and getting a vox hwac15, still debating it
    local company "steamboat" is super nice stuff but doesn't quite charm me like the Morgan does
    my only issue is the wait time. I fully understand the wait is part of the quality and it's not a deal breaker but I'm an impatient bastard!

2. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

The Morgan is really the way to go. I haven't heard a better sounding 20w EL-84 amp.

3. cratz2

cratz2 Member

You'll forget about the wait time once you have it!

Sorry... I can't talk you out of it. An AC20 Deluxe head will be my next expensive amp. Sold my AC15H1TV last year and will replace it with the Morgan... Well, 99% chance of it.

4. Surrender

Surrender Member

i have spent 2 year saving for a Morgan Dual 40 and during that time i never once thought of getting anything then a Morgan. It's worth it man...there's a reason why so many people on here and professional love them.

5. 95strat

95strat Member

I've got one on order so I can't talk you out of it. I'll sell you my Dr. Z Rx Jr when I get it though;)

6. Zach.drummond

Zach.drummond Member

I have one. They're cool. I've only had the amp for a few weeks, but so far it's been good. Pretty Voxyish. Darker for sure though. Very much an unforgiving amp. Really makes all your notes clear. All your mistakes obvious. A good guitarist with a good guitar/pedalboard combo will sound great with this amp. If you are into british amps this is a good one. Beware of long wait times though. Took a while to get mine. My only complaint so far.

7. Zach.drummond

Zach.drummond Member

I did the same exact thing! Good choice. That amp has slight probs.