anyone actually play a Vola Vasti guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by neastguy, Mar 26, 2020.

1. neastguy

neastguy Member

they look interesting and every demo sounds great IMO

2. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

derekd likes this.
  3. Zado

Zado Member

I remember Robert Baker having some kind of endorsement with the brand. He's a youtube musician-influencer

4. neastguy

neastguy Member

I came very close to buying one the other day... but I was too afraid of not liking it and never being able to sell it and just flat out losing money

5. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

6. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

The Tele club did not think so. So a guy that worked for Vola came and talked with us. He was a nice man. He worked for the American Vola Vista line of guitars. They hated the design.

7. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Luckily, I'm more forward thinking than the tele club.

8. neastguy

neastguy Member

Im still tempted to get it.. but the neck is .90 at the first fret.. not sure if I've played a neck that big

9. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

10. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

11. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

Thanks. Never heard or seen one. I love T types and big necks. Well done, IMO.

12. neastguy

neastguy Member

I'd get one, but worried about resale and for sure take a big hit... the neck might be just a bit too big for me at .90 at the first fret and gradually gets bigger.. I think I max out around .86...

13. neastguy

neastguy Member

Damn.. I just bought one ....lol .. the vid reviews just all sounded way too good to me.. and I like the boost function... fingers crossed I dig it

14. Santi

Santi Member

So, how did you like it?

15. neastguy

neastguy Member

well when I first opened it up I couldnt believe how perfect it was... it completely reminded me of a Suhr custom order I purchased... I still cant find one flaw on it.. its crazy... anyhow.. but the neck.. aaarrrgghhh... first day I was really worried it was going to be too big... second day.. ah not too bad... 3 rd day I was digging the fat neck... is it my fav neck ..no...but I dont mind it at all now.... the guitar still plays fast for me... and I kinda like that its different... completely changed my mind about fat necks....

soundwise its nice.. I havent really cranked it up yet at gig levels... hopefully if some of our gigs get rebooked towards the end of the summer.. then i can really test it out...

so as of right now its a keeper... I got it for a great price... so to me it was a steal... now with that being said... not sure I'd be able to sell it for the price I paid.. I'd like to think I can but.. who knows

chunky48, Santi and derekd like this.
  16. Santi

Santi Member

Glad to hear it. I am tempted to get one of the strat models. I sure would like to try one before, but that's just not going to happen any time soon. I kind of like big necks, even though I have relatively small hands. Comparing it to a Suhr is a bold statement, and it really makes me want one even more now. Hope you enjoy your new guitar!!

17. neastguy

neastguy Member

I dont think the Strat type has the fatter neck like the tele.. make sure you verify it first... its a MIJ guitar and all the vids I watched everyone said how perfect they are made... I was skeptical too.. and mine I think is used.. I cant tell.. Im pretty sure its a 2018... but looks brand new to me
    if you cant get one used for a great price.. I'd try one that you can return that is new. IMO