1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone bought a new set of tubes from eBay?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by amdowell, May 23, 2011.

1. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

Looking at a set of tubes from a shop on eBay. The user name is amplifiedparts. Looks totally legit, but I had asked a question and have yet to receive a response. Anyone else buy from them or another shop on eBay?

2. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

I have bought tubes from Angela Instruments @ ebay with no problem. They have a real brick and mortar store and can be reached by phone every business day. Most NOS tubes, but they have some real nice stuff, greatly enhanced an amp that I love.

If they can't bother to notice you or offer a real email address or real phone, they want some easy money without having to be responsible to a customer.

See...... those pesky customers just need to send that Paypal and deal with it, thus ebay has thousands of bogus fly by night businesses side by side with the real businesses that can be of great help to you, but how do you weed through something like ebay to figure out the legit from the fruitcakes?

3. Progbusters

Progbusters Member

I got my tubes from firstaudio1986 (Yen Audio in Arizona). Somehow, they don't have anything for sale right now. weird.

4. d l x r e v e r b

d l x r e v e r b Member

Support the tube dealers who support us by giving technical advice on this forum.

For instance BlueStrat has an high number of postings with a long record of giving free technical advice to us. There are others too.

They help us , so let's help them.

5. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

Definitely! I honestly wasn't aware of any dealers on TGP. I'm more or less a novice at all of this.

6. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Yea, I like to support members if possible... I guess there might be some decent dealers on ebay, but I would have thought it would be safer to buy a used Tuna Salad Sandwich on ebay...

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Member

A great mom and pop operation is TC Tubes in MN. They have great prices. I bought some tubes that were extremely closely matched and burned in.

Great folks; I'll buy from them again.

Btw, they have NOS or new production.