Anyone care to take a couple of gut shots of the their Pitchblack? (broken footswitch

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrisross, Feb 28, 2012.

1. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

I have one, but the footswitch is in pieces, and I can't figure out how to put it back together! It's one of those relay type deals.

Anyone have a picture or know how it goes back together?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. jocfan1

jocfan1 Member

I don't have any handy, but I'll take a couple and post them tomorrow for you.

3. Fuzzgun91

Fuzzgun91 Member

What a great guy.

4. jocfan1

jocfan1 Member

Here are the individual pieces of the footswitch:

[​IMG]

The small metal pin gets the smaller spring on one end, and the bigger spring goes around both, with the big end pointing the same direction as the small spring. You put that assembly up inside the actual foot button, springs pointing out, and screw that cap on the left onto the back side of the footswitch. The small spring should still poke through the hole in the cap.

[​IMG]

These last two show the footswitch installed. Sorry about the glare/focus issues. Hopefully they're still good enough that you get the idea. If you still have trouble with it, PM me and I can walk you thru it or maybe make a YouTube vid showing you how it works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. chrisross

Awesome, thank you!!!!!

6. Hateandwar

Hateandwar Member

I'm just curious , what exactly broke on the pedal? I have one too. I've been using it live for around a year now and no problems so far

7. guitarz1972

guitarz1972 Member

Thanks for this thread OP, and thanks Jocfan1 for posting. I'm going to look this over when I get home, because mine is broke too, I believe in the same fashion as the OP's.

The screw on the footswitch had worked itself loose, and I kept hand-tightening it (I know, should've sprung for a wrench). One morning I open my pedalboard bag and there's the PB with a big hole in the front and the footswitch separated from it loose in the case. I've been needing to figure out a way to screw the spring thingy back into the hole and onto the doo-hickey. Figured I need a thing-a-ma-jig to do it though.

TU2's seen some playing time lately.

8. chrisross

I got everything together, my Pitchblack is back in working order.

jocman1 - thank you very very much for going well out of your way to help me out. Class A guy!