• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone catch My Morning Jacket on VH1 Storytellers tonight?

nrandall85

I've seen them live twice now, and it was great to hear Jim James speak in depth about his music, something you won't typically catch at a live MMJ performance. The band was absolutely incredible, as per usual, and they leaned towards the classics rather than the newer material. "The Way That He Sings" and "One Big Holiday" were standouts to me, and James' intro and performance of "Dondante" almost brought me to tears.

Definitely worth checking out. Anyone else see it?

mcneilp

Thoroughly enjoyed it myself. I caught them when they were in town and also saw Jim with Monsters of Folk. Big Fan. They did play "Wonderful" off of the new album. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet it is still available on NPR's First Listen.

olin

Silver Supporting Member
Couldn't stay up that late (I'm old, young kids, etc...) but I've been watching the vids on vh1.com this morning. They sounded awesome as always. Can't wait until Palladia replays it so I can see it on the big screen. Best band in the world right now (IMO, YMMV, etc, etc). Got my tix for Merriweather Post earlier this week.

olin

Silver Supporting Member
Hard to tell on the small screen but anyone know what amps were behind the guys? Was that Orangutan behind Jim? Was one of the amps behind Carl a Top Hat?

Sigmund Floyd

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, they're very good, saw that show and there was a lot of emotion. Just my opinion but the album Z has about all of my favorite songs... their body of work strays too much for me but when they're good they're great.

direwolf

Silver Supporting Member
Can't wait until Palladia replays it so I can see it on the big screen. Best band in the world right now (IMO, YMMV, etc, etc). Got my tix for Merriweather Post earlier this week.
I like it alot! Seems like they could do a monster tour with Wilco.
Any body catch them on Youtube Lalapalooza?

mcarte07

Silver Supporting Member
I just caught this re-run on Palladia. I had never heard any of their stuff, but I recognized the name so I checked it out. I was pretty blown away. Very cool stuff. Great great guitar tones and a very good band

Trending Topics