Anyone catch the current Black Crowes "13" tour?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by shooto, Nov 12, 2013.

1. shooto

shooto Supporting Member

I wonder why they've never done "Midnight Rider"

Jackie played his a** off...so did Rich...

here is "Thorn in my Pride" from the night

2. Taller

Taller Member

Anywhere is everywhere and nowhere is nothing.
    Agreed. I've not said this out loud (too often), and certainly not on the Crowes' boards or their FB pages, but I call this 'The Money Grab Tour', strictly for financing the various solo projects.
    I'd bet that when payday comes for the members, Chris, Rich, and Steve make the lion's share (see what I did there?) and their solo/band projects will benefit.

They're selling meet and greet VIP packages - you might recall Chris' indignation at the thought of corporate sponsorship in the early 90's when they got kicked off of the ZZ Top tour, and while this isn't "corporate sponsorship" it is a bit of a fleecing for fans who've in the past simply waited until after the show to meet the guys (I did in 2005) for free. I know it's tough for a band to make money these days, but I'm just commenting on their past philosophies.

I'm a HUGE fan of the band - look at my handle - but I haven't made the effort to see them on this tour. My prediction is that they'll reunite in some form during 2015, when they're eligible to be inducted into the R-n-R HOF (and they'll get in - RS LOVES the band). In the meantime, I'm still spinning Rich's and Chris's solo albums...looking forward to new ones and a Trigger Hippy release and tours from all 3.

3. zep41

zep41 Member

Yikes. Not to rain on anyone's parade but this set stinks in my opinion. Only thing worthwhile to me would have been Powerman, Ballad in Urgency, and Wiser.

My least favorite Crowes tracks are contained in this set, in Welcome to the Goodtimes, Feathers, No use Lying, and Paint an 8.

Hope their other shows contain better setlists. They have to.

4. BrainDamage

BrainDamage Member

Wiser would have been worthwhile in 2006, but now it's a bloated mess in my opinion. Ballad is always a treat though.

I don't normally like No Use Lying, but I have to admit I enjoyed it live. Any particular reason why you're not a fan of Feathers and Paint An 8? I love both of those songs.

5. kokohi5

kokohi5 Member

Free download of Turpentine on Trigger Hippy's site.
    http://triggerhippy.net/
    Sounds pretty damn good, but I wish Audley was still in the band.