• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

anyone catch the splawn nitro on youtube with mr. splawn at the helm!

saxophonist56

Silver Supporting Member
man the vid is pretty impressive. anyone try a nitro in person that sounded that good?

i think my makoplex is definitely in the same league can i get an amen!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
that is freaking DISEASED! great sound and honestly i don't even like saturated tones - but you must give respect to superior i-crapped-my-pants examples of the breed!

mhenson42

Silver Supporting Member
I have one on order that I should be getting in the next 2 weeks. That video gave me GAS for one, then I got to play one and I knew I'd buy one.

howthewestwas1

Gold Supporting Member
hey saxophonist, i own a nitro. IMO that video is one of the best representations on the net of how huge that amp sounds. it's a monster of an amp. i have some recordings of my amp that try to do it justice but listening to recordings of it and actually playing/feeling it in person are two very different things. i'm a total n00b when it comes to recordings but here are some of mine:

Nitro w/ KT77s - Breate Life
Nitro w/ KT77s - Original Drop C Riffs
Nitro w/ KT77s - Old School In Flames
Nitro w/ KT77s - Heart of Darkness
Nitro w/ SED EL34s - A Vulgar Picture
Nitro w/ SED EL34s - Hourglass

a great amp!

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a 2007 Quickrod that I really like. I always thought it was a huge sounding amp, but less so compared to that Nitro. Wow.

Hacksaw

Time Warped
Platinum Supporting Member
I heard Windsens at the TX ampfest.. amazing and hard hitting. I think it could cure Kidney stones!

Hacksaw

Time Warped
Platinum Supporting Member
I have one on order that I should be getting in the next 2 weeks. That video gave me GAS for one, then I got to play one and I knew I'd buy one.
WOW.. Mhenson42, I didnt know you ordered one.. :AOK

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I thought the Quickrod sounded great too, just a "hollower" tone
Yeah, I think it's a side by side comparison thing. I've heard my QR next to comparable Marshalls, Peaveys and Boogies and it "out-huged" them, but hearing the QR demo right next to the Nitro shows how thick and massive that Nitro is.

Hmm, what can I sell?

howthewestwas1

Gold Supporting Member
also keep in mind in those videos each amp is going through different cabs with different speakers. but yea, the nitro has a thicker, darker, more saturated sound to it. the QR it's a bit punchier in the upper mids, a bit more focused sounding.

Trending Topics