anyone catch the splawn nitro on youtube with mr. splawn at the helm!

saxophonist56

man the vid is pretty impressive. anyone try a nitro in person that sounded that good?

i think my makoplex is definitely in the same league can i get an amen!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
that is freaking DISEASED! great sound and honestly i don't even like saturated tones - but you must give respect to superior i-crapped-my-pants examples of the breed!

mhenson42

Silver Supporting Member
I have one on order that I should be getting in the next 2 weeks. That video gave me GAS for one, then I got to play one and I knew I'd buy one.

howthewestwas1

Silver Supporting Member
hey saxophonist, i own a nitro. IMO that video is one of the best representations on the net of how huge that amp sounds. it's a monster of an amp. i have some recordings of my amp that try to do it justice but listening to recordings of it and actually playing/feeling it in person are two very different things. i'm a total n00b when it comes to recordings but here are some of mine:

Nitro w/ KT77s - Breate Life
Nitro w/ KT77s - Original Drop C Riffs
Nitro w/ KT77s - Old School In Flames
Nitro w/ KT77s - Heart of Darkness
Nitro w/ SED EL34s - A Vulgar Picture
Nitro w/ SED EL34s - Hourglass

picture408ky9.jpg

a great amp!

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
I've got a 2007 Quickrod that I really like. I always thought it was a huge sounding amp, but less so compared to that Nitro. Wow.

Hacksaw

Time Warped
I heard Windsens at the TX ampfest.. amazing and hard hitting. I think it could cure Kidney stones!

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
I thought the Quickrod sounded great too, just a "hollower" tone

Yeah, I think it's a side by side comparison thing. I've heard my QR next to comparable Marshalls, Peaveys and Boogies and it "out-huged" them, but hearing the QR demo right next to the Nitro shows how thick and massive that Nitro is.

Hmm, what can I sell?

howthewestwas1

Silver Supporting Member
also keep in mind in those videos each amp is going through different cabs with different speakers. but yea, the nitro has a thicker, darker, more saturated sound to it. the QR it's a bit punchier in the upper mids, a bit more focused sounding.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom