Anyone Compare Hellatone 60 to a WGS Vet30?

Junk Yard Dog

Just curious. I have a Celestion G12-75T mixed with a WGS Vet30 in my Port City Wave...I'm playing a Budda SD30 II, which is (THANFULLY) darker than my Marshall, but I'm playing with a Rockerverb 50, so I'm thinking of losing the G12-75T and mixing the Vet30 with another Vet30 or a Hellatone...I'm leaning toward the Hellatone.

Thanks!

Allthumbs56

Currently I've got two Veteran 30s on the go and I quite like them. I have used Celestion V30s as well as a G12T75 in combination with the V30s.

At the moment I prefer the WGS speakers - I find them just a little nicer to my ears than the Celestions. I like the G12T75 but it's less efficient than the V30-style speakers so it comes across as quieter in the mix - something I didn't like.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
I've had the WGS 30s and Hellatone 30s not 60s.
To be honest, the WGS sounded better to me, the WGS was more a Fender sound and the Hellatone more a Marshall sound to me.
WGS was a bit rounder fuller the Hellatone was a little more piercing and sharper.
Not sure if that all made sense

Junk Yard Dog

Cool. Thanks for responding.

So would you go with another Vet30 or do you think a regular, well broken in V30 (hellatone) would mix better with the other Vet30?

Junk Yard Dog

Oops! Looks like we replied at the same time.

I figured the Hallatones would be sharper, edgier b/c they're the real deal, just 15 hours broken in.

My SD30 II is a darker amp and never gets pericing, but I want to be sure it sits in the mix well when playing with a Rockerverb 50 with is full of nasty thick mids, which we like.

Do the WGS Vet30's still do the V30 thing, without the V30 hassle?

Or would a hellatone 60 (V30) and WGS Vet30 mix sit in the mix better, having the WGS tame the hellatone a bit?

jamison162

I would do 2 of the same, if your gonna do V30's, pick which version you like better and go with it. The best my RV50 has ever sounded has been through Scumback M75-HP's in an OS semi-open back 2x12.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I've had the WGS 30s and Hellatone 30s not 60s.
Fwiw, you are comparing two toally different speakers. The Hellatone 30's are Celestion G12H-30's and the Hellatone 60's are Celestion Vintage 30's.

Personally, I like the V30's a little better than the WGS Veterans. The WGS had a wierd midrange that didn't work for me. Now I did have a Budda SD30 with a WGS "British Lead" CL80 in it that sounded incredible. I know, different speaker....

:)

Trending Topics