Anyone compare prs s2 semi hollow

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by vicdeluca71, Mar 22, 2015.

1. vicdeluca71

vicdeluca71 Member

Yesterday I got to try a s2 custom 22 semi and loved it. Have not bought an axe in years, just amps. Im gassing now

My question is if any of you out there get to try this right next to the s2 Mira semi as they did not have the Mira at the store I was at. Curious to know the tonal difference between these. I feel like I can't make a decision until I get to hear them side by side

Thanks

2. Mandrax

Mandrax Member

I haven't tried the semi hollow versions of the S2 but the differences in tone with the regular S2 Mira and S2 Custom 22 are significant. The Mira to me is a great rock n roll guitar not unlike the Gibson SG. The Custom has a more modern vibe to it.

Both nice guitars, but different. I prefer the S2 Mira over the S2 Custom 22. I do have a USA Custom 22 with 57/08 pickups that I prefer to both of the S2 (unsurprisingly!).

3. vicdeluca71

vicdeluca71 Member

It was a very balanced tone, nothing jumping out I have a feeling the Mira will be a little more bass heavy.

Seemed very versatile. Cleans were great and so was dirt. Also loved the feel of the neck

4. Mandrax

Mandrax Member

The necks are the same on both guitars, so no worries from that point of view. The Mira to me sounds a little more raw. I guess the fact it's semi-hollow should give it a slightly more airy tone than the solid body that I've played.

5. orourke

orourke Member

I played an semi hollow S2 Custom 22 and an S2 Custom 24 yesterday. The semi hollow was cleaner and more woody, open sounding like someone said. It seemed more suited to jazz or blues to me.

The Custom 24 rocked better, it had tighter thicker sound, more aggressive (without being obnoxious). I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a S2 Custom 24 this week.

6. vicdeluca71

vicdeluca71 Member

I have to try the Mira now side by side. Gonna stick with the semi hollow, just felt alive. Glad to hear it's the same neck

Btw, can't believe a hard case doesn't come with these ,not cheap by any means