Anyone compared Two Notes Toropedo CAB to the Logisy EPSI 3 ?

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I wanted to know the tone differences. The EPSI has ir cab sims and a clean amp. The Two notes has or cab sims and power amp modelling....is one more realistic sounding than the other? Can they both just be used with overdrive pedals.?

Crow

Silver Supporting Member
I owned both at the same time and compared them. Pretty identical in terms of IR cab sims (except the Epsi can do stereo). I liked the EQ on the Cab better and it offers more control and is more intuitive (at least to me). The power amp sims are really good on the Cab.

I would say if you want strictly IR cab sims go with the Epsi. Both can be used with overdrive pedals and sound very good, but the Cab will give you that amp feel due to the power amp sims.

Epsi is a fantastic bargain IMHO. Also both companies are very good and offer exceptional customer support so you can't go wrong with either product.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for your input and knowledge Crow

slugworth

I owned them both. My Torpedo CAB was very noisy. It might have just been my unit. My EPSi was dead quiet.

Obviously the Torpedo has more features except for the stereo thing. Stereo cabs from the EPSi are quite delicious. For me the power amp sims from the Torpedo were redundant, but for some purposes they can be a godsend.

Trending Topics