1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone do a custom tele build with 2 Lollar Charle C. pickups?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mojazzmo, Feb 17, 2012.

1. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

I've really been digging the clips of the Lollar CC neck pickup and wonder if anyone has done a cutom build with the CC in the neck and the bridge? I think it would sound fantastic. If you have done it, did you have to use a different bridge because of the pickup route? Any pics, clips info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

3. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

A few guys make a CC that fits in a Tele bridge but if you want 2 full on CC pickups you'd have to go custom.

I've not seen one before but I'm sure it's already been done...

4. Polynitro

Polynitro Member

I dont know the answer but If you need a bridge I recommend a hipshot. Great product.

You might need to custom fit the guard as well.

I also recommend a p90 bridge and CC in the neck...that might be killer.
    [​IMG]

5. dB

dB Member

Lollar makes a Tele sized CC pickup.

6. SAVOIE

SAVOIE Member

Jason Lollar makes this

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/me...e=263&Category_Code=charlie-christian-pickups

and he also has this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuwQtM0Y9IM This is a tutorial on how to put a CC pup in the neck of a standard tele.

Problem solved! I did the same thing a little while ago. The routing is very minimal and it demonstrates a pretty safe way of doing it in that video. The pickguard was the only thing I was nervous about. Find a tele you enjoy playing and mount em in it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012