• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anyone Doing the Bruno online school currently?

KSKONDOR

I know it's come up before but now that the new school appears to be up and running. Anyone doing it? Would love any experiences as I'm ready to go 100% into 1 of 3 different directions right now...just trying to narrow it down.
Thanks. Matt

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
I know it's come up before but now that the new school appears to be up and running. Anyone doing it? Would love any experiences as I'm ready to go 100% into 1 of 3 different directions right now...just trying to narrow it down.
Thanks. Matt
Do like the way he plays?

binge

I saw materials from his last school and it seemed to be loosely based around the CAGED method. In my opinion it's not worth the money, especially if he's rehasing the same ideas. He also doesn't think about modes so much and views things as key based.

Last edited:

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
If I loved the way he played I'd jump on it no matter how he explained it. His playing isn't my cup of tea so I'll steer clear.

KSKONDOR

I like the way he plays and what he plays. I'm a rocker pentatonic type of guy and want push myself further. I beleive Jazz is he next step and beleive this was better than all of the mish mash available out there.

Jeremy_Green

It is great and worth every penny. I joined, got what I needed out of it, and didn't renew. But I will go back, I am just a guy who gets what he needs then goes and works on it. Jimmy is an awesome teacher and he gives some great insights. I mean there is really no commitment there. No harm in signing up for quarter is there?

It's not really an all or nothing thing

Last edited:

6stringgrind

He's got a couple of instructional DVDs. A good portion of those are on youtube, so you could test the waters with those first.

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
I took it for one quarter but didn't re-up.
I think its a great program for almost anybody.
The way it works is you upload vids of you playing certain lessons.
He then views your vid and makes comments.
I believe the first lesson was the 5 fingerings he wants you to use, then after he gives you the OK you progress to using those over a II-V-I in various keys and so on.
He has vid examples of all these lessons for you to study beforehand.
The only thing I didn't care for was he demands you use his fingerings and his scale numbering system.
If you use a different finger than what he suggest its considered "wrong".
It's worth checking out IMO.

mleggett

Jimmy's a fine straight ahead player and an excellent teacher with a well thought out programme. You won't be wasting money signing up with him.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom