Anyone done an A/B comparison of New MXR Chorus vs. Old one?

I have not BUT the new one sounds killer. It's my fave chorus and I've just about owned them all. This pedal will be very highly regarded one day. I highly recomend.

plexi

popsongsmith

is the new one analog? it doesn't say on the website, which leads me to believe that it's digital. usually if something is analog, they'll use it as a selling point.

Jryan78

Thanks to plexirocker68 for the great insight on this pedal. I bought it and for my needs it's perfect. Also, it is definitely analog.

TheGrooveking

I haven't tried the new one yet, so I can't report on that comparison but I will say the MXR Micro Chorus is a killer unit, it's one of my favorites.

TheGrooveking

popsongsmith

Thanks to plexirocker68 for the great insight on this pedal. I bought it and for my needs it's perfect. Also, it is definitely analog.
good one. Ok, so it's established that it's analog. What does the "width" knob do? is it another word for delay time?

novawind

I also own one of the new ones (big ol' 5 knobber) and it covers all my bases for chorus. I don't think I'll ever have to replace it.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
OK, this bears little resemblance to the old version (which was AC and had only 3 controls). The controls should be:
Intensity: mix dry and effected
Rate: obvious
Width: the amount that the LFO varies the delay of the wet signal.

Trending Topics