Anyone else bought a Suhr Eclipse pedal?

john weires

I just got one and it's impressive so far. It sports two identical distortion channels each with it's own bass/mid/treble EQ controls in addition to level and gain.

It has an adjustable voicing (treble cut) control that effects both channels for matching the pedal to the amp. I set mine around 9 o'clock as my Fender blackface amps are pretty bright.

I set one up for a slightly dirty rhythm and the other for a sustaining lead sound and find the separate EQ enables me to keep the tone dialed in regardless of which channel I choose.

I have only tried it through a Fender Super Reverb so far but I have no doubt it will work fine with my Vibroverb and Deluxe Reverb as well.
My Marshall head amp which has much higher gain than my Fender's is in for a mod right now but I will be trying the pedal with it soon.

Anyone else out there with a Eclipse?

cosmic_ape

Resident Lefty of Doom
Silver Supporting Member
That pedal’s been around for a while. It’s a fire breathing monster. Pretty versatile, too. It has more output than anything else I’ve ever played. I assume it’s so you can slam the front end of an already dirty amp. But it loves clean amps too.

ShredSquatch

Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member
I really like that pedal… only thing is I wish it had more gain. Had a very distinct sound I liked.

~ss

john weires

It sounds to me like a greatly improved Fulltone OCD mk2, which I also have. It has a similar type of distortion but is less thin and dry sounding and considerably more tunable to what I want and has two channels. I still like the OCD though and will keep it as a spare.

Stephans

I had the Eclipse and loved it. However I bought a 3 channel Marshall and sold it right after.
Now with a Iridium I thought about getting it back, or a Wampler Pantheon Deluxe....

Husky

So this Suhr Eclipse is more round and juicy?
Just a tip here, for seriously round and juicy with the potential for plenty of gain something that I found personally is that when you hit the Eclipse with a mid boost pedal like a Koko Boost or similar, it goes to a completely different level. Especially when using single coils or PAF style Humbuckers. If you want more gain I recommend hitting it harder, kind of the same way an amp would respond, gain staging like that is very 3D like compared to just adding gain to the pedal and lets you have the slight break up AC/DC type of response as well. Any good mid focused boost or EQ would work. That’s all I usually use with a Bella and a 4x12 since I usually use single coils and also like a good amount of gain.

Last edited:

crazymahler

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve had an Eclipse for a while, it’s awesome. And I love how it operates (one side or the other, doesn’t stack).
I need to get a Bella to go with it.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve had the eclipse a number of times and played one for several years. It’s still my favorite drive pedal period, and can run the range from a low gain edge of breakup to screaming gain and sound good at every setting. I only got rid of mine because I got a pt15, bought one back a couple times to play with iridiums, and ultimately stuck with amp gain. But the eclipse is a monster.

Top Bottom