Anyone else going nutz waiting for their Zendrive?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, May 12, 2006.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Man I ordered and PIF for my Zen in December, and Alf says it still isn't ready..... I am started to feel like a ordered a KOT!

2. tallcharly

tallcharly Member

I ordered, and payed in advance directly from Alf on Dec. 10. Two days ago I couldn't wait any longer so I e mailed Him to ask whats up? Yesterday when I woke up there was an e from Alf. [thanks Alf] He stated that there were four orders ahead of mine, and I would be getting mine out of the current "batch" He is working on now. Said it would be just a few days!! So thats what I know. Hope that helps others who are waiting as well.

3. FlyingVBlues

FlyingVBlues Gold Supporting Member

Alf posted this on Birds and Moon on 5/10/06:

4. Luke V

Luke V Member

It took 5 months to get mine. Ordered 11/3/05, arrived 2 or 3 weeks ago.

5. sinner

sinner Supporting Member

Well I just cancelled my order so someone else could move up in line--got one used a couple of days ago!

6. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've been on the Zendrive 2 list since Sept/05 - no prepayment for Z2s.

Still waiting...

:YinYang

7. radcliff

radcliff Member

I got one used a couple months ago, it is an AWESOME pedal

I cant find anything that does what it does, its so musical

8. eric-d

eric-d Member

I've had one on loan for a couple of weeks, and it's okay. Not too bad, just really reminds me of my 808 but with a little more bass and presence. I'll write up a full "overdrive shoot out" I've been having with a Timmy Loaner, Zendrive loaner and my Landgraff DO.

9. drolling

drolling Member

WORD, my Texan brother..

I've amassed a small collection of new drive pedals in the past year - most thru' reviews I read right here @ TGP.

Fresh & exciting new sounds for the most part, but in my opinion the ZD's the most derivative sounding of the bunch. A nice, smooth lo-gainer, no doubt, and very reasonably priced, too - but as I've been moving away from that mid-humped TS sound lately, my Zendrive's seen very little mileage since I got it last fall.

Now Timmy, on the other hand:)...

I do look forward to reading your upcoming shoot-out, D-T..

10. eric-d

eric-d Member

Funny thing is, no offense to Paul C., the timmy is absolutely one of the WORST overdrives I've ever tried. That's my opinion and I know A LOT of you won't like it. I tried it by itself and with my rig and I just didn't think it was that great at all. It was almost like a bad version of the BOSS SD-1. I even tried clicking the interal dip switches around but to no avail for a better sound.

11. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

I have been waiting for a mosferatu and a zendrive 2 ... I know Alf is doing the best he can and he is swamped...but the wait is very hard...one starts to think that perhaps your name somehow got lost and you are no longer on the list...

12. drolling

drolling Member

HAH.. well there ya go, then.. There's no pedal out there that's gonna work for everyone. I've seen some of my favorites on 'all-time-worst' lists, and have read rave reviews for stuff I couldn't get a good sound out of, no matter what.

Nice to have SO MANY to choose from - and I'm still looking forward to reading your review

13. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I ordered in Jan, so if I see mine in a month I'll feel lucky BUT we need to remember one thing, at least Alf is building them himself. He could hire them out like some other guys do.

14. Franklin

Franklin Member

I too am not a Timmy fan, although I do like tube screamers. I am afraid that the :YinYangzen will just be another TS derivative, and I really don't need another. .

Of the TS overdrives out there, the ones I liked the best are the FD2s, modded SD1s and my Jaugernig D.G.T.M. Currently I run the DGTM and a silver modded SD1, do I really need another tube screamer? I hope the zen is not just another clone version.

15. DavidE

DavidE Member

I ultimately judge my pedals by how they work at a live gig. So far, the Zen and Timmy outshine anything else I've tried. I wish I could get the MOS to give me the high gain I want without all the feedback.... Still working on that.

16. ross

ross Silver Supporting Member

I ordered mine on Dec. 14, 2005 and I just received it yesterday. It was a nice surprise, since I did not get an email to say it shipped. Hopefully this means that your unit is around the corner.

17. what?

what? Member

Has anyone not in the list get an email reply from Alf?I've been trying to reach him for at least a month and a half and got no reply at all....has he changed his email address or something?

18. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

got on the Zen 2 list last week......hah, I'll probably be an old fart by the time I get it. Wait, I'm already an old fart. Well I hope my kids enjoy it.:D

19. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Yes, I'm tired of waiting! What I'm fearing is a letdown after prolonged anticipation and high expectations. Of course, because of the wait, I should have no trouble flipping it should it not live up to those expectations.
    Greg

20. Matt F

Matt F Member

I try to forget I am on a list for the Zendrive so when I get notification of it being ready it'll be like Christmas :).. I said LIKE Christmas.. Hope that doesn't jinx me to have to wait till December 07 :0