1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have these results?...best way to hear/learn guitar parts...in my car!

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by harritone, May 18, 2011.

1. harritone

harritone Supporting Member

I do not know why...but the best place to learn a song on guitar is in my car!...I can hear the guitar parts way better and clearer than any stereo I've heard. When I have learn something complex or fast...I can always hear it BEST there...anyone else experience this?....I literally take my guitar out to my car unplugged, match the volume on the stereo and its killer!....Is there a stereo I can buy for my house so i don't have to that?!

2. stevel

stevel Member

Hmm. I don't know. I can learn songs and parts just by listening to them. I tend to pay more attention to songs when I'm trying to listen to them in the car with the intent of learning them (I don't get much practice time so when I'm prepping for a gig a usually have them send me the CDs which I listen to while driving around, and learn as much as I can - polytasking you know :)

Now, I've never actually taken the guitar out there.

But I will say that my car stereo and my wife's car stereo definitely do sound different - for example, I often notice parts (like acoustics strumming in the background) more easily on hers.

Unfortunately, my only other listening devices at home are a laptop and my cellphone. I actually learned a lot of tunes for my last gig by listening to you tube clips on my phone.

I'm in Suffolk - are you gigging with anyone?

Steve

3. dewey decibel

dewey decibel Supporting Member

we eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of beer
    How long have you had that car? Chances are you listen to music more in that car than anywhere else and your ears are very dialed into the way it sounds. So it's easier to hear things on it.

When I was recording a lot my first reference check was always to burn a CD and run out to my car. I honestly would've taken my laptop out to mix a bit in there if I could've.