Anyone else into DIIV and Beach Fossils?

greenlander

Lately I've really been loving both these bands. They share a similar sonic territory (and same label), uptempo indie rock with shoegaze and krautrock influences with a bit of dream pop mixed in as well. I really like the chiming, layered guitar textures and both bands have great driving rhythm sections (the drummer for Beach Fossils is amazing). I've always been a huge fan of Neu and love that motorik drumbeat. I also like that they're utilizing more clean guitar sounds rather than the wall of fuzz/distortion that most classic shoegaze bands had.

I'm really looking forward to the new DIIV album that should be coming out later this year. I've listened to Oshin so much in the past few years.

DIIV's new single:

Beach Fossils:

Beach Fossils also sounds incredible live, more raw and aggressive than their recordings:

I love these bands, although Wild Nothing is my favorite playing in this kind of style - really excited about their new album coming out in February.

I really wish there were more artists playing in the style of those three bands.

Heard DIIV's "Under the Sun" 3x on Sirius XMU this weekend. What a great song. Checked out some of their other tunes. Kind of Echo & the Bunnymen/Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti/Shoegaze mixed together. Love it!

plaidbeer

I like all of the bands mentioned as well. Nice to see others appreciate these bands here.

I’d also recommend checking Swimmimg Tapes and Jade TV.

Trending Topics