anyone else really digging their AC Booster?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hottub, Jul 17, 2006.

1. hottub

hottub Supporting Member

on a whim decided to try out an AC Booster with a small blackface Fender and my Les Paul.... I have to say, I was impressed. It's a pretty damn good sounding pedal! Seems to work really nice when you have a good clean foundation, like a Fender, from which to use it with. Seems to put that nice spongy feel on the notes and doesn't seem to muddy up chords either.

Is the RC Booster much different?

Anyone else with good experience using this pedal? It can certainly get you into those Henderson/Ford/Carlton tones...

2. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

I'm on my second AC Booster - it is one of those pedals that I sold and (later) wondered why I did. It is on my board to stay...

3. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

If I did not have an OCD pedal I would go for the AC booster, Klon or Maxon 808 probably the AC Booster.

4. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I used one for quite a while. Right now it's off and I'm using a Bad Monkey but it's not gone by a long shot.

5. erksin

erksin Member

I thought it was a nice pedal and would have been quite happy with it if not for the Timmy. In a side-by-side, the Timmy was more amp-like and responsive with a lot more harmonic content and complexity going on. Glad I tried it though - the Xotic stuff certainly is quality stuff from what I saw.

6. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

lovin my AC

Bob:angel

7. dave s

dave s Member

Like leofenderbender, I'm also on my second AC AND RC Booster. Why I sold them in the first place is beyond me.

Both RC and AC are my 'go-to' pedals for both my Clubman rig and newer AC30CC2 amp. And you should hear the AC with the VOX loaded with the Celestion Blue 15s ... words can't describe.

Definite keepers* on the board.

dave

*for now, at least! :rolleyes:

8. hottub

hottub Supporting Member

Are the AC and RC different enough that they can reside on the same board?

Are they eq' differently ?

Heck for that matter, is the BB also that much of a different flavor that all three can reside on a board?

The cool thing is that they certainly don't take up much real estate...

9. Tomo

Tomo Member

RC booster is more clean boost than AC booster. I love the RC boost
    for more gain for other od or more bass? many ways to use.

http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/xotic/effects/chrome_copper/index.html

Tomo