• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone else use a synth for a guitar pedal?

enocaster

I see you got yer Minimoog - I remember your WTB ads in the emporium way back. I've run a bass through my Rogue to pretty good effect and have run guitar through an Alesis Ion with good results as well. I got some cool sounds, but it wasn't worth the setup hassle to explore further - I had to run through a mixer to get a line-level, play a note, turn 5 knobs, play another note, etc.

Yr Blues

Ha ha, I eventually suckered someone into buying my Callaham—the one that I never opened ($3250). Then I found a Minimoog (pre-upgrade) that was used by a satanic band who had first bought it from a church. I think that's great mojo.

I might find a rocker pedal to modulate the synth.

enocaster

I tried to give you a few leads at the time, but Satanic Gear Trader Digest was off my radar back then.

Old synths are great - I remember spending a good amount of time getting a patch on my Alesis Ion (an analog-modeling digital synth) that I thought sounded really amazing and fat. I then plugged in my Moog Rogue and it just destroyed it - the Ion sounded flat and lifeless in comparison. The Ion is long gone, but the Rogue is going nowhere - 2-D vs. 3-D. It reminds me of comments made here by people who have played fantastic examples of vintage guitars next to their modern counterparts and said that there is no comparison. The third quarter of the 20th century was just a great time for analog electronics, and will probably never be bettered in that department.

Yr Blues

That Rogue sounds great. I wonder what your ext. input settings were like, and how you fed the signal if you used a drone or whatever.

shaneygoo

i haven't tried it yet but i saw some youtubes using the eventide pedals i'm sure they'd work fine w/ keyboards, with an expression pedal and some midi control you could some wacky stuff with those

M

Member 995

I've been using my Moog Little Phatty as the carrier frequency for ring modulating my guitar. Pretty cool sounds.

Trending Topics