1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

anyone else wanting to check out the new peavey valve kings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cobrahead1030, Sep 26, 2005.

1. cobrahead1030

cobrahead1030 Member

i've been wanting a GOOD practice combo for a while now, something i'll really be happy with for a while...and man for $350 shipped, that 1x12 combo is lookin awful tempting lately

the clean channel is supposed to be fender'ish...and i've heard the OD channel is like a cross between a classic 50, and XXX; sounds like fun :)

i'm already keeping my eye out for a 1x12 cab to pair it up with :D

wondering how the v-amp 2 might sound in the fx return just for fun

2. monstermike

monstermike Member

A 50w practice amp? Only if my gig amp was a Marshall Major or Ampeg SVT...

3. whitehall

whitehall Member

I'm heading out to find one to test. There's a review on HC by one of the first buyers in the forum . It has a master on the dirty channel, So I'm hoping it can be house friendly.

4. JPenn

JPenn Member

Can anybody post a link to reviews on the Valve King? I can't seem to find any.

5. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to trying this amp also as a backup. My local dealer says it's a Chinese made amp, not US. . . . . . .maybe that won't matter ?

6. cobrahead1030

cobrahead1030 Member

these have only been available for a few weeks, and everyone (even musicians friend) has them back ordered right now, so it'll be a bit before reviews start popping up

7. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

8. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Id love to hear the Valve king, and Penta.
    On Paper they sure look cool.
    But are they just a 5150 or XXX ?

Gregory

9. JPenn

JPenn Member

Thanks for the link.

I'm interested in the head version. I've had a few Classics, but I'm not sure whether I'm not an EL84 guy or just not a Classic guy. I've never got to play through the high end 84 amps, so I hate to say that's what it is. The C30/Delta Blues/C50 amps have always just had a weird feel to them to me. Maybe this new VK will work out. I don't really need 100 watts, but I would like to go the head/cabinet route.

10. cobrahead1030

cobrahead1030 Member

i'm the same way usually with the head/cab thing opposed to a combo...but like you, i don't need 100w (a 25w version would be nice!) but the combo does have an extension speaker out

so if i pick one up, i'll probably grab me a nice vertical 2x12 to go with it...that way i could have the open back combo + a closed back cab, that's a nice versatile little practice/home recording rig there :cool:

11. whitehall

whitehall Member

Played one over the weekend -- REAL NICE, great distortion. Just ordered one online. Have a trade we didn't come to terms on, so they lost 2 sales. Boutique ? -- buh bye.

12. cobrahead1030

cobrahead1030 Member

i picked mine up last week for $325 locally :D

next on my wish list is an eminence governer, and a set of THD yellow jackets (so i can run el84's in the amp at will)

13. whitehall

whitehall Member

I'm interested in the yellow as well as mine will be a house amp. FWIW- anyone who want's one from MF at the old price -- $349.00 the source code you want to tell them is 5JX02053X.