Anyone ever buy a guitar from Walmart?? Experiences...

Russ73

I'm looking at a guitar that's sold out at sweetwater and GC and everywhere else but Walmart has one...what can I expect??

Coach T.

Silver Supporting Member
“PRS is what?? SAY IT AGAIN! SAY IT AGAIN! I dare ya!”

1656934669777.gif

ozraves

Silver Supporting Member
I think it was sometime around early 1970s and my mom got me a Tele-Star guitar from Walmart No. 1 in Rogers, Arkansas. That thing really, really sucked.

Last edited:

Gurn

Word is Walmart is filching top custom shop people from Gibson.
offering them free McMansions & golf club memberships.
Except for Opryland, moving from Nashville to Bentonville, Ark
wouldn’t be a big cultural shift.

There will be a Walmart brand guitars,amps, & pedals.

Last edited:

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
Online, my friend bought Duncan Antiquity pickups at a fantastic price. And this was at least 4 years ago.

jturner

I'm looking at a guitar that's sold out at sweetwater and GC and everywhere else but Walmart has one...what can I expect??
Expect them to take your money, "process" the third-party transaction, delay for a couple weeks, then inform you the product is temporarily unavailable and grudgingly refund your money after dragging their feet.

Frankly, walmart's presence on the internet is hard to discern from a spambot.

catback

Silver Supporting Member
I occasionally buy things from Walmart online (direct or from a reseller using Walmart as a portal) and it has been fine, no different then Amazon or Target, etc. I see there are legit retailers like Pitbull selling there which gives you the chance to contact them directly vs via Walmart. If you really can‘t find the guitar anywhere else and the seller’s ratings for similar items are okay it seems like a good option if you have protection via your credit card to fall back on.

Last edited:

Dave Locher

Online order? Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon as an online retailer. As others have said, ordering from Walmart online is just like ordering from any other online retail site.
If you want the guitar, order it. It's no different than ordering from Amazon and I think (THINK) you may be able to return it at a Walmart store if you're not happy with it? (Check that last part - it may only apply to items they actually sell in their stores.)

Yamaha 350

We have bought a Tablet and microphones that way through the online service. No issues what so ever. They are like Amazon. A 3rd party vender sells them at a discount. Easy. And you can return it. I picked up both things at Walmart one they shopped them. No we did not have them ship them to the house. Went in the back and picked them up.

Top Bottom