Anyone ever deal with NOSGUITAR.COM?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by GibsonLives, Jan 22, 2012.

1. GibsonLives

GibsonLives Supporting Member

Just found these guys over the weekend while doing a web-search, so I don't know a thing about them, and I'm wondering if any fellow TGPers have dealt with this company, and what your experiences have been. Thanks in advance.
    Steve

2. markocaster

markocaster Member

Interesting stuff, kinda pricey too?

3. delron22

delron22 Member

These prices are insane!

There are lots of people doing good quality aged parts for a fraction of this.

4. GibsonLives

GibsonLives Supporting Member

I didn't look at their parts prices, actually; I was eyeing a 25/50 Anniversary Les Paul they've got for sale. Compared with other listings for this very rare guitar, it's a nice price, but I've never heard of them before, and I absolutely will not deal in that kind of cash with a company I know nothing about. They're in Canada, too, which is certainly no offense to TGPers in the Great White North, but I don't know if there are customs, duties, or other taxes associated with shipping to America. Mainly, though, it's just a ton of money - for anything - and I wanted some feedback from folks who'd dealt with them, which it doesn't seem there are manyu of around these parts. Hopefully, others with chime in :).
    Steve

5. Lashing

Lashing Member

Thats a dealer that has sold my stuff for awhile. Honest guy. I would be responsible for some of the high prices. In my defense, I know of no one else making such detailed parts. THey are many people aging allparts and calling it vintage for less but that is not exactly honest business. NOS carries only good stuff. No I dont make it all, just the guards. But he has a killer trem unit on that site too. Totally accurate and I can tell you from experience - if you want to totally redo a vintage part ACCURATELY it costs a fortune. Try getting modern facilities to reproduce tool markings. They cannot and will not. So you have to do small batches of very customs things and this is never cheap. My pickguards cost me dearly for instance. Tens of thousands in setup cost. There is a reason even Fender and Gibson are totally doing accurate parts. MONEY.

6. darkinners

darkinners Member

wow.. $40 for 4 neck bolt screws.
    $199 for pickguard
    $249 3 knobs + 2 tips

this guy totally know his business!!

does these parts has talent booster installed in it ??

7. Arewenotmen?

Arewenotmen? Member

I've been gassin' for one of those talent boosters! Just the vintage model, though.

8. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

Boss used to make one:
    [​IMG]
    :D

9. Arewenotmen?

Arewenotmen? Member

I'll pay top dollar!!