Anyone ever own a Fender Passport PA?

B Money

I've never owned one, but I certainly wouldn't consider them useless. They're probably sufficient for calling bingo numbers down at the local nursing home, or making announcements at a company meeting. For live music though, I wouldn't expect a lot out of them.

Maybe an acoustic trio playing quietly in the corner of a restaurant or something like that. A band in a bar setting? Wayyyyy under powered.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Not useless junk, but I wouldn't perform with one unless I didn't have any other options.

Chrome Dinette

They are pretty bad.

Unless you are doing something super low volume and aren't worried about fidelity, I would avoid.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Very weak. They're fine for making announcements at a dinner function or something like that. Not suitable for music.

speakerjones

I saw one used for a yo-yo demonstration once for about 15 spectators. It was well suited for this purpose.

Echoes

For low volume acoustic gigs in a restaurant etc....they are great. I have the one where they use Bose type speakers and they actually sound great at moderate volume.

Scott Miller

I was going to buy one, but the sales person talked me into getting a cheap mixer and a QWS speaker. I'm glad I allowed myself to get upsold. Later, I got another QWS speaker.

speedemon

We use it for speaking at the school where I work. The amp/mixer has held up well, but the speakers are not very sturdy.

dporto

I used one (house P.A.) at a Happy Hour/ Restaurant gig two weeks ago. Honestly I was a little skeptical before the gig (duo - guitar/bass, 2 vocals) and almost brought some extra gear - but decided to just go with it for the convenience and not worry. I'm glad I did 'cause it worked out fine. I think it was the "500" 4 mic inputs, 2- 8" drivers with tweeters on tri-pod stands. I was pleasantly surprised - the sound was actually pretty good (a little boxy sounding) and volume was not an issue at all. All this being said, I probably wouldn't go out and buy one (if one was offered as a gift I'd take it, or at a ridiculous price I might consider buying).

THiwaTT

you can normally find one of the big, powerful, tube powered Fender PA-100s for around the same price

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
My old band had one as a backup/acoustic gig PA. I wasn't especially impressed.

Peace,

Trending Topics