Anyone ever play and Ernie Ball Albert Lee???

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by BrandonZ, Aug 8, 2006.

1. BrandonZ

BrandonZ Member

What a unique guitar. I would love to hear some opinions on them.

2. suttree

suttree Member

i've played a couple. they're pretty cool. albert lee did a clinic at the store i was working at. he can play the literal hell out of them (and he's really nice, too), but i found them a little small in dimensions (body and neck) for me. of course, if i were to grow to become half the guitar player mr lee is, i might find them more to my taste. the fit and finish is very nice, and the small body makes quite light. the neck is very "small tele", in my recollection.

3. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Supporting Member

fabulous guitars, very well balanced, both physically and tonally. I wouldn't mind owning one, for sure.

4. Boomdoggy

Boomdoggy Supporting Member

Great guitars,if you can deal with the raw neck.

5. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

I had one with 3 MM90s, and it was a tone monster. The neck is very unique, and you either love it or hate it. In the end, I just couldn't get used to it. It's a fat C, and felt narrow. Great craftsmanship.

6. david henman

david henman Member

...albert picked one of these up and played a couple of songs at his clinic here in ontario last week. very, very sweet.

-dh

7. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I've got a Gold Albert Lee and it's my #1 guitar out of a herd of 11. Awesome playing and sounding guitar. The neck is super comfortable to me. Very cool guitar with quality build and excellent playability. I hope to own more than one. :BEER

8. scuba200ft

scuba200ft Member

Ugggh....I am an EB fan, own quite a few, but that bad boy is butt ugly.....Cant do it.

9. gitman

gitman Member

the Jetson's designed that one ! i also had one wit 3 P90's and whammy - second the verdict of the gentlemen above : great stuff qua build, fit + finish. sadly i had to sell it - cash crisis. i would buy an EB/MM anytime, they deliver. on my wish-list i have an Axis Super Sport /trem .... :AOK

10. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

Albert Lee needs to get back on a telecaster where he belongs. I'm sure its a nice guitar & loved be many, but sounds exactly like a strat to me.

11. DrJamie

DrJamie Silver Supporting Member

Got a gold P90 hardtail here on the emporium quite a while ago, and I love it. I have loved the "Jetsons" look since day 1. I don't understand the strat connection for Mr. Lee, never did. But it's a cool little hot rod of a guitar, with really tough tones with P90's. Mine has Lollars, and the silent system disconnected. And, it's Gold, Gold baby! It's not a replacement for my Callaham (my #1), but for the $, I love it.

12. BrandonZ

BrandonZ Member

13. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

Not when you use the bridge pup only. Very Tele sounding.