1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

anyone ever play the cheap fender bullet strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Blue Bee, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

this may sound retarded, but i bought a bullet strat at a garage sell for $40 and i like it better than some american strats ive played. actually i love it. and my main axe is a prs hollow ive had for 4 years and gibby es125tc. i love light weight guitars. i never bonded w/ strats but this one is so light, intonates, never goes out of tune(w/grovers)hardtail, good balance, maybe plywood body. has a very nice neck shape/length and it seems the scale is 24 3/4-25" just trying to find a pup combo that id like.

really i teach at a music store and play all kind of strats, some very nice ones too, but this is a steal to me and these things sell for under $100.

any other users comments, pics, put downs, suggestions for pups, upgrades, etc...all appreciated

2. KCWM

KCWM Member

I knew a guy that owned a small music store. He had a Bullet that he'd two toned and set up. He could make that thing sing. I've played a couple in pawnshops and met a guy to buy one off of craigslist. When I got there, I played it and was going to buy it and he tripled the price once I got there...said he'd done some research on my way over. I walked.

3. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt Member

With most of these squires, bullets, fender mexi's, etc., you really have to try them all out & "get lucky". One will play/feel like total crap & the one right next to it will play/feel great. I think the older ones are a bit better than the newer ones as well, so the bullets would have a tendancy to feel good. I have a friend that has a fender bullet tele bass that I dig alot...

4. frankthomson

frankthomson Member

old USA bullets ROCK.
    amd the old MIJs do too...but i even hace a few new $99 chumpies...and Affinitys

cheap guitars rule

5. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

bump for squier bullet users

6. phantasm

phantasm Member

I had one of the second generation Bullets when i was 16 and it was awesome. Wish i still had it.

The first generation models had an aircraft aluminum pickguard that was also part of the bridge. My friend Don had one of those and it was cool- had more of a telecaster shape w/ a strat shaped guard on the front.