Anyone ever use a Peavey MidiPro rack switcher?

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
I have lots of preamps and a few years back I started thinking about making them all switchable into my stereo power amps and using a midi floorboard to make this happen and I bought a brand new rack mount Peavey Midi Pro. . Meanwhile, I gave up the idea. It would've been great, but just too much work/gear for me to bring to my gigs, and I just didn't follow through with it. Meanwhile, I've never even tried the Midipro! I imagine it was Peavey's entry before VoodooLab did their GCX switcher? I think it was released way before actually... It's such a cool looking unit and looks to be really useful but no info on the web about real-life users. . Have any of you used it? Thanks, Eric

note: I edited this from a combo FS ad and inquiry to just an inquiry! I have a feeling though I really need to hook this up with 3 of my preamps a power amp and a midi foot controller and try it for myself! :)

Last edited:

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
You've been a member here for a LONG time, you know you have to post stuff like this in the emporium. Please either ask the mods to move or delete the thread and start over there. You are a supporting member so you'll have no trouble starting a FS thread.

If you want to take out references to the "for sale" part and just discuss the switcher, that's fine.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
You've been a member here for a LONG time, you know you have to post stuff like this in the emporium. Please either ask the mods to move or delete the thread and start over there. You are a supporting member so you'll have no trouble starting a FS thread.

If you want to take out references to the "for sale" part and just discuss the switcher, that's fine.

Which forum is Guitar rack gear fs under? It's not "Digital or Modeling" , it's not "pro audio/recording" , it's not "amps and cabs" and it's not "Pedal effects". . ? Let me know (assuming you're a moderator?) Thanks, Eric (and yes I've been here since the 1990's)

Last edited:

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Well, this was BAM before it was TGP, right? I think that's how I ended up here in the late 90s...

I'm not a moderator... I think you could cross list it in either guitar effects or pro audio, or both, just with an explanation of what it does. I can't imagine anyone would be upset with that.

JMMP1

I usually group the rack gear into whatever broader category it fits in. IE I'm looking for preamps right now so I go to the amps and cabs emporium. When I was looking for Eventide and Lexicon stuff I would search effects and recording gear. For a switcher, I would look in pedals and effects most likely, as that's where the pedal switchers would probably be listed. There is a LF+Jr+ listed in effects pedals gear right now, so it's not all effects/stompboxes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom