Anyone ever win a pedal in a contest ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Johnny Moondog, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Johnny Moondog

Johnny Moondog Member

I must have entered dozen's of contests over the years - online, in store draws, etc.
    Never won anything .

Anybody ever get lucky and win a pedal (or amp, or guitar) from a contest entry ?

2. Serenity

Serenity Member

I won a Lovepedal facebook competition for a Bonetender. I was totally blown away to have won as i'd never won anything before.

3. Grainslayer

Grainslayer Member

Entered tons..I've never won anything in my life..I hate to think about how much money I've wasted on lottery tickets..

4. Zalu

Zalu Supporting Member

I won a One Spot as a consolation prize from a Visual Sound Facebook giveaway a few years ago. That's all I've got though.

5. to_be_released

to_be_released Member

I enter basically every competition I can (which is somewhat limited by living in New Zealand rather than the US). Last year I did actually win an el capistan, which was fantastic as it was actually a pedal I'd been wanting for quite some time.

6. ellis dee

ellis dee Member

i won a strat once, it was signed by elvin bishop peter green and others
    it is a an amazing story. it would take quite a bit too explain
    almost unbelievable actually.

7. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston Member

I won a tuner polyphonic pedal (Hardwire) by being the top letter of the month in Guitar Techniques magazine.

8. thkh

thkh Member

:( Never won anything.

I'd love to win an H9 Max. Thanks, Eventide. :)

9. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Sweetwater sent me some candies in the past. They don't do that anymore.

10. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I won a Reverend Drivetrain 2 direct from a reverend contest, it was right when they first came out with them to replace the old version, It was a staple on my board for a long time, until I replaced it with my VS J&H, I needed the extra versatility so out went the drivetrain.

Unfortunately, My kid decided he wanted to plug a 12v ac adapter into it, and fried it, still works, but at about half of the headroom as before, and if I bypass it, then the signal goes dead. So I'm guessing that maybe the buffer took the brunt of it. Thought about seeing if Visual Sound could repair or it, or at least point me in the right direction (Bob Weil of VS co-designed the pedal with Joe Naylor of Reverend).

11. DPiddy

DPiddy Supporting Member

I won a small blackbird pedalboard and also a ProCo Solo. Didn't really have use for either of them but was able to sell them both and buy other gear.

12. XKnight

XKnight Member

I won a pedal right here on TGP a few years ago. First time I ever won anything online.

13. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    I won a EHX Holy Grail reverb when they were first introduced. It was through one of the guitar magazines. Can't remember which one. The same year at a trade show I won an IPod. The other prizes were plumbing related...expensive faucets, fixtures, and such, but I won the IPod and was pretty happy about it. I was on a roll that year...got married and within a few months won a few nice things.

Prior to that I hadn't won anything in years, since I was a kid. When I was 11 or 12 I won a basketball autographed by Dr. J. My dad still has it, in his garage...completely dry rotted lol. Then I guessed closest on one of those "how much candy is in this jar" contests at a school Halloween party. Only it was a big plastic pumpkin filled with assorted candy. I guessed 285 pieces and it was 300. I ended up dividing it up amongst the other kids, then got yelled at by my mother before she realized I hadn't actually eaten all of it, but given it away.

14. schizo910

schizo910 Member

I won a set of duncan pick ups from a dutch guitar magazine.

And a devi ever goddess zero in a designers contest...

15. CrackTheSkye

CrackTheSkye Member

Nope. Enter them all the time though. I've never actually won anything exciting other than some concert tickets to a metal core band I was into in high school (Unearth). Entered for ***** and gigs and actually won. Concert was 4 hours away and I had no actual intention of going. Hell, I didn't even have a car :rotflmao. Emailed them and told them my predicament, sent me a cd and signed poster.

16. anuj

anuj Member

Won a signed Kirk Hammett crybaby from a live stream rebroadcast of a Vai show (maybe it was the Fundraiser for Cliff show he did with Joe Satriani et al at the HoB on Sunset) .. they had a chat going on FB with prizes for folks who answered Vai trivia. It wasn't even fair to anyone else. :p

Hate the design, and I already have a regular Crybaby and a Bad Horsie on my board, so I tried to sell it on CL for a while .. and even took it into GC where they offered me $35 for it (it was NIB) .. so I balked, and held on to it. Then, when we were tracking our record - I needed a wah pedal at home (my main board was at our studio) - and this thing simply SHONE on recordings. So now it's my studio wah. :)

17. jordane93

jordane93 Member

18. David Garner

David Garner Member

One time I got to the top of the list for the King of Tone. Does that count?

:D

19. papersun

papersun Member

yes.

never got it.

20. jordane93

jordane93 Member

I just ordered something from Sweetwater a week ago and they gave me candy. Should I be scared? I was told not to accept candy from strangers.