• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone experience Woodstock in 69?

Dog Boy

My Cousin had tickets but turned around cause of the traffic. He framed the tix and hung em on the wall...its a very cool thing!

sinner

No, I was a little youngster back then in '69, about 15, but the next year I was able to see Woodstock at the Drive-In Theater. It was a big deal, people out on top of their cars or dancing out in the lot having a party the whole time.

"See me feel me touch me" was the highlight of the show for many, people going crazy.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, I was there. Left just before Hendrix, like an idiot. But I was slimed out from sleeping in the mud. To call my adventure "unprepared" is putting it mildly. It was a great adventure anyway. Some of the music was intense. Like Santana ...

angus99

My brother and I were planning to go but accepted a bribe from our parents to go to Florida instead. It wasn't Woodstock, but it was fun.

angus

yeah, saw every band from Richie Havens thru Jimi Hendrix, except like a complete dumbass I fell asleep/passed out for The Who and the Airplane :jo GFI

(and it was really muddy)

PedalFreak

Silver Supporting Member
A customer of mine was there, stayed the extra day for Hendrix. He tells us a lot of stories about it.

5E3

Nope, was only 13 years old. Listened to the album as soon as it came out and then watched the film in the theatre as soon as it came to town.

One of the songs that stood out to me as a youngster was from Country Joe and the Fish. Fo some reason I thought this was about the biggest hoot in the world. Have never forgotten the chorus...
And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for
don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
In June of 69, I went to a rock festival in the San Fernando Valley . It was called the Newport Devonshire Downs rock festival. Saw Hendrix, Tull, Spirit, Stephenwolf, etc. This happened three month before Woodstock. I was 14 year old.

Peppy

Yes, 5,000,000 boomers were at Woodstock August 15-18 of '69. 5,000,000...not 500,000.

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member
I was 13 at the time and first heard about it when I saw the TV news reports. When the triple album came out I bought it the first day, even though it was really expensive...something like 12 bucks!

Polynitro

My Cousin had tickets but turned around cause of the traffic...its a very cool thing!
No offense but, thats not that cool. :dunno

I used to work in a photo lab and this guy brought in negatives he took at woodstock to have blown up for his friends birthday and I printed out all the pics to see what was on them. They were all crowd shots, but it was cool seeing all the hippies.

musicnut24-7

Wasn't lucky enough for Woodstock but was blessed to see him at the New York Pop Festival at Randall's Island, 07-17-70! It was right across the bridge from where I lived. I was six years old and it changed my life forever! R.I.P. to my big brother, he was the one that took me there.

Kalalau Hiker

Silver Supporting Member
I was there all 3 days. Got up about 50 feet form the stage Friday night and we held that spot.I told my friend to wake me up when Blood Sweat and Tears was over ( not interest) and missed half of Johnny Winter. Other than that I saw em all.

I always heard it was about 1 to 1.5 million but the media paired it down under polititcal pressure. Sure seemed like WAY more than 500,000. No one that wa sthere bought that 500,000 number the media floated.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
I was a hike away in Ellenville, NY. I was also 12. My summer camp shut down for the week because all the counselors split for Woodstock. I told my father I was going, too. He said, "If you try to go to that hippie shithouse I'll kick your ass from here to the Bronx." That was the end of that idea. :eek:

arniez

Silver Supporting Member
Went with a few friends and got stuck on the road going to the festival. My friend was afraid to abandon his mother's car, so never actually made it to the festival. My most vivid memory is the search of the car and ourselves crossing back into the states!
ArnieZ

Shon Kornfeld

There was a thread about this within the past 6 months, you should do a search because i remember it got lengthy with lots of great reviews from guys who were there.

i wasnt there, but im actually the son of one of Woodstock's creators, Artie Kornfeld. believe it or not, i just finished being on a radio interview with him about Woodstock and stuff haha, it was fun.

heres some links to him and I:

http://artiekornfeld-woodstock.com/
http://www.myspace.com/artiekornfeld

http://www.myspace.com/shonkornfeld
http://www.myspace.com/fridaynightsmusic

Trending Topics