• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

anyone get bummed out when artists give bonus tracks

wsaraceni

but only at certain places.

derek trucks - already free. i preordered it from his site. i went to the wikipedia page and found the following.

Bonus tracks

Best Buy has an exclusive edition with three bonus tracks:
"Ballad of the Chicken Robber" (Trucks/Mattison) - 1:55
"Swamp Raga" (Trucks) - 6:31
"Long Time Man" (trad.) - 5:24

iTunes includes a bonus track with the purchase of the album:
"Goin' Home" (Trucks/Mattison) - 3:14

so do i have to spend another $25 and buy the album from bestbuy and download the full album from itunes?

carry on

wsaraceni

figured as much, and i understand that best buy and apple probably give them pretty good deals to do such a thing, but it really kinda sucks because id really like to hear the music

YoungMansBlues

The same thing happened to me with the Crowes' new album "Warpaint." I decided to buy the CD to get the cool case and support the band a little more (nowhere around me sold the vinyl). Two days later I found out two things: 1) "Warpaint" was like the # 2 or 3 selling album for a short period of time on iTunes. 2) The album was not only cheaper online, but also came with a bonus track exclusively for those who purchased the album on iTunes. I still haven't heard the album cut of the song. I understand why it's done, but it still kind of sucks. I'm a fan of either saving up unused songs for a b-sides album or just putting them out as singles via itunes.

wsaraceni

the singles via itunes always means you have to buy the whole cd. plus im not a fan of not having an uncompressed version if i dont have to.

i guess i just have to look harder from now on before i preorder from the band themselves.

Somniferous

It's all part of the music industries idea to get sales back up. They figure the dedicated fans will buy all three, and make up for all the people that would download it illegally. The record industry is losing it's butt so they have to come up with something.

wsaraceni

It's all part of the music industries idea to get sales back up. They figure the dedicated fans will buy all three, and make up for all the people that would download it illegally. The record industry is losing it's butt so they have to come up with something.
put the 4 songs on a separate CD, charge $8 and i'll buy that one too. but i dont want to buy the same cd twice.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
It gets me a little pissed also. Anything to make more money. What I do is get with friends that are fans of certain groups and we all go out and buy the variants and share with each other.
Kiss pulled this crap with their dvd collections. You had to buy at a certain store to get this show or that show. I just got with a few friends and we each bought the variant the other didnt have and then shared.

Trending Topics