anyone gig exclusively with Tiny Terror

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by neastguy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

and if so what size places do you play and whats the setup that works for you? thanks...

2. Deadduck

Deadduck Member

I play in a band at church. We play modern rock-style P&W. Our fan-shaped sanctuary holds about 600 people. I play my Tiny Terror through an Avatar 2x12. I've replaced the preamp tubes with lower gain tubes (5751 and 12at7) for more clean headroom. We try to keep our stage volumes down and use IEM's, so I run it on the 7 watt setting, with gain about 1:00 and volume about 11:00, and use my guitar's volume to go from clean to crunch. I mic up with a SM57.

Now, when we play at other venues, we often don't mic up or use IEMs, then I'll run it on 15 watts and turn the volume up some. It has plenty of volume for what I do with it.

I actually played a high school football stadium thing with it. In a case like that, any amp you have is going to be mic'd, so I just set it a little louder than normal, and let the mains do the rest!

Hope this helps!

3. Prof KM

Prof KM Member

I play in 2 bands, one rock and one metal. I use the same setup for both, which is the Tiny Terror with the gain dimed, treble at about 3 o'clock and going through 2 Orange PPC112 cabs (1x12). Generally I have the volume at about 11 o'clock which is plenty loud enough for pubs and smallish clubs. As Deadduck says, mic'ing it up for anything bigger than that works fine too.

The last gig I played with it was the metal band, we were mic'd through and the sound guy asked me to turn it down as there was too much guitar noise on stage! :)

4. Millul

Millul Member

Ehi Prof, do you use anything to boost the gain of the TT for the metal band? or use it as is?
    Thanks!

5. TrentBizzle

TrentBizzle Member

I use a tiny terror as my primary amp in my band here in nashville.
    I run it into two of the orange 1x12's.

I've had great results using it in small theater settings.(similar to HOB size)
    I've also used it for an auditorium show that really let me open it up volume wise. I am in love with that amp...its basically all I need.

6. Prof KM

Prof KM Member

I use it as is, just with a Boss DS-1 to boost the solos.

It's not a typical "metal" sound, but it's plenty heavy! And it complements the other guitarist's Marshall perfectly :)