Anyone gigging a C9 ? What songs

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by neastguy, Feb 22, 2015.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

Just curios what songs you might be utilizing it with

2. Hayden

Hayden Member

C9 as in the EHX organ pedal?

3. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

yes.... anyone actually using it on songs at gigs? if so which ones? I'm in a trio...so am curious.. I don't want to just mess around in my basement with it

4. pdodge77

pdodge77 Supporting Member

I was using a B9 and now I'm using the C9. I mostly use the Shimmer and Mello Flutes settings for pad sounds under clean and slightly distorted rhythm parts.

5. guitarman3001

guitarman3001 Member

Yep. I use one of the organ sounds, usually either sound 1 or the Zep organ for I Shot the Sheriff, and I use the mellotron for Can't You See and Seminole Wind. I also use the Shimmer sound in Hotel Cali during the "mirrors on the ceiling" part.

And in my country band I use a couple of the organ sounds for Swingin and Fast as You.

6. SFT

SFT Member

I just discovered this pedal and am seriously considering picking one up. Think the C9 sounds better than the B9 in the demos, but that's just me.

7. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I'm working up a set right now with a new group. Would appreciate song suggestions for the C9 (also own the B9).

8. 57paf

57paf Member

I recall reading a forum (EHX?) where someone claimed to do the keyboard parts for Ozzy Osbourne's "No More Tears." Do you think that the Shimmer setting could do the synth part (not sure if you could do piano portion)? This Roland keyboard matches the recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZbkHbWGylM. If it works for you, please post a recording and your settings. If that works, I'll buy a C9 too.

9. FLYING V 83

FLYING V 83 Pedal Trading Guru Silver Supporting Member

Just hooked up my C9 I got in trade and so far pretty cool.
    Seems to have a volume jump when used full organ and no dry, so I found a nice spot with dry just below 1/2 and organ just past 1/2.

Liking the #3 preset for Doors Love Her Madly.
    Oddly enough, the same preset works for Highway Star better than the Lord Purple one (for me at least)
    I run my Wampler Super Plextortion for heavy rhythm and hitting the C9 gives me just the right sound for the organ solo.

Might use the shimmer for some Pink Floyd stuff, didn't bond right off with the Mellotron sound.

But, this is only with 20 minutes of exploration, so in time I'll get a better feel for it.

Immediately like it better than my POG2 for copping organ sounds which is pretty much all I used the POG2 for anyway, so I'm happy so far.